Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+Good China numbers (inline with better performance of China stock market .. people feeling bit better/richer)
+72 mth lease loan APR 1.99 from 0.99 (dialing back demand levers in US)
+50 Semi's to Pepsi along with this update on Semi. Mass production 50K/annum in 2026, but they also have a prototype line which is still delivering low vol semis.

- Australia discounts got lost in the mix.

+- June 13th Votes. BoD/influencers doing their thing ... more folks in EU can vote. (Can we assume most defaults are a NO, and the people who do take the opportunity to vote will likely vote YES/)

+ I for the most part have stocks and CC LEAPS ... and with moving $$ to bank don't have much $ left to trade in account. :) So RELAX till June 13th.

Last edited:
Is the AI say we get to 1100 by Friday this week ? ;)
No, it’s a rolling 14 day, but can’t say WHICH day.. could be this week, could be next or the following. I’m guessing (nobody knows) that we get REV/ER beat, but LOWER rev BEAT than the whisper number, and no ADD’L RAISE for Q2/Q3, but still the elevated guidance we already have. Who knows, but it’s fun to guess.

some days, I feel like I’m trying to pilot the titanic into Baltimore harbour. With one eye open.

+Good China numbers (inline with better performance of China stock market .. people feeling bit better/richer)
+72 mth lease loan APR 1.99 from 0.99 (dialing back demand levers in US)
+50 Semi's to Pepsi along with this update on Semi. Mass production 50K/annum in 2026, but they also have a prototype line which is still delivering low vol semis.

- Australia discounts got lost in the mix.

+- June 13th Votes. BoD/influencers doing their thing ... more folks in EU can vote. (Can we assume most defaults are a NO, and the people who do take the opportunity to vote will likely vote YES/)

+ I for the most part have stocks and CC LEAPS ... and with moving $$ to bank don't have much $ left to trade in account. :) So RELAX till June 13th.

Or maybe the running voting results were leaked to some institutions(no way :)). That was some serious volume at 180 that's for sure. Let's see if there's a day two.

• Informative
Reactions: ShareLofty
Or maybe the running voting results were leaked to some institutions(no way :)). That was some serious volume at 180 that's for sure. Let's see if there's a day two.

A lot of times the volume surge comes from trend-traders as soon as a major level is taken out. They could leave as fast as they came, maybe already have at $186.50.

May be a 3-up from the $138 low. Resistance zone overhead:

1716320859091.png

UPDATE: very constructive price action.. $180 was a big level to clear. If it can hold above $180 today we should see more upside. TSLA has been consolidating in a range below $180 for a couple weeks.. Will we only get $2 out of this move over $180?…. As Colin Cowherd likes to say, “say it out loud” to test whether a proposition is more likely than not. When I ask that question out loud, in my head I get an answer back that we should at least see the next level of daily supply at $187. So I am trying to be patient here before selling calls
Still sitting on hands?

Reactions: UncaNed
TSLA's going to TSLA...

I'm in the same camp as @phantasms, Tesla in total disarray right now, why the stock goes up is a mystery, even without the drama it should be lower just on fundamentals
I don’t know why it’s all the surprising about how the stock is trading. Q1 earnings reactions and I should say (the flush of shareholders wanting out selling before Q1 earnings) has simply reset why anyone would hold shares nowadays….autonomy.

Most shareholders today are holding because of their views/beliefs on progress and rate of progress on autonomy. No one cares about fundamentals at this point. Fundamentals would have to deteriorate materially worse than Q1 for shareholders to care and even then, they may not sell.

We’ll see exactly how much hype Elon is projecting for 12.4 or if it’s actually as good as his boast (5X-10X improvement in disengagements). If it’s actually that good I think TSLA is headed back above 200.

TSLA's going to TSLA...

I'm in the same camp as @phantasms, Tesla in total disarray right now, why the stock goes up is a mystery, even without the drama it should be lower just on fundamentals
Mgmt has said slow growth (between 2 waves - M3/Y, and M2/Q), not zero growth.
Past few mths narrative has been such that sales is negative. If trend follows 2023, based on the low bar, it is perceived as a win.
Lot more weeks and quarters to go ..... but atleast China numbers not in like 4-5K range etc etc.

+ Macro - 1 or 2 rate cuts ... that's where the puck is going

Last edited:
Mgmt has said slow growth (between 2 waves - M3/Y, and M2/Q), not zero growth.
Past few mths narrative has been such that sales is negative. If trend follows 2023, based on the low bar, it is perceived as a win.
Lot more weeks and quarters to go ..... but atleast China numbers not in like 4-5K range etc etc.

+ Macro - 1 or 2 rate cuts ... that's where the puck is going
I think Tesla management said whatever they had to say to stop TSLA dumping further, whether what they said has any validity is another matter. If Q2 comes in similar to Q1 I think will be very low probability of 2024 beating 2023, it's already looking rather doubtful IMO from what I see with to-date both CN and EU sales lower than Q1, needs quite a huge turn-around in the second half of the quarter

I think Tesla management said whatever they had to say to stop TSLA dumping further, whether what they said has any validity is another matter. If Q2 comes in similar to Q1 I think will be very low probability of 2024 beating 2023, it's already looking rather doubtful IMO from what I see with to-date both CN and EU sales lower than Q1, needs quite a huge turn-around in the second half of the quarter
China sales are now ahead of Q1 by 15% currently

And this is without the impact of the 0% or $0 down deal that just got announced

I have -P850, -P900, -C1200, -C960 for this week, and -P at 900 and 950 scattered out the next two months.

I would like to be writing -P>970 for 6/7, but there isn't much time premium to cover the stock staying flat. Have too much risk for that scenario already.
That -c960 is cutting it too close? Is it stocks covered and you're willing to let it go?

Planning to sell -P900 or -P920 for ER but not any Call in case it does rockets after ER.