Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So however this goes we are in for balance sheet pain (and share price pain)?
That would suck, since if so Mr. 9 shares accomplished nothing for shareholders which was his (and the judge's) excuse.
*if* the vote passes and the 2018 plan can remain as-is, there would not be any balance sheet pain until Elon executes (big dilutive event) and there is an expense for payroll taxes (around 1%).
If the 2018 plan dies, GAAP earnings get bumped up for previous years (less comp expense and less fully diluted shares), but the new plan would likely have a bigger hit...

i need to de-risk by not betting on SMCI/NVDA at the same time (or same week); i noticed that these 2 are like Batman and Robin always together

1717771859253.png

Good luck (should the order hit).

I'm not comfortable copying this trade TBH. 16% rise from here seems very possible if a) the vote goes through and b) we get some other good news on the shareholder meeting. (unlikely, but not unheard of)
What is the market assuming ... do most people think it will pass, so the downside (if it doesn't pass) is the main risk ?

Reactions: UncaNed
AI WWDC - AAPL has always been a sleeper stock in my book. Suppose to be the start of a mega update cycles coming up.

Long spread also gotten cheaper due to retracement
I think directionally, this time might be different from an update cycle standpoint. We’re most likely going to be seeing some much more than just interesting capabilities in ios 18, that won’t function on anything less than an iphone 15 at this point.. so updates will be required for a LOT of devices.

Reactions: thenewguy1979
What are you guys doing for next week. I'm thinking of treating it like the week of ER and staying out of the market. If the compensation package doesn't pass there is a risk of the SP falling hard.
Same here in general, it's FOMC as well on Wednesday, so maybe a fun IV crush play opened on Wednesday, just for fun, handful of ATM short straddles

In for AAPL +200/-205C for next week.

Out for NVDA
Standby for TSLA - constipating again
I only do the wheel on AAPL or AMZN since they are stocks I love. I just bought 100 NVDA, hoping to buy more after the split, the thinking is that I think the stock has more upside and trying to to accumulate more since shares are gonna be way cheaper next week.