Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking tighter everyday. Any breakout should knock our feet off as the recoiling is strong.

@dl003 - please share if you seen anything new based on this week PA. Thanks

1717778603720.png

Reactions: UncaNed
AI WWDC - AAPL has always been a sleeper stock in my book. Suppose to be the start of a mega update cycles coming up.

Long spread also gotten cheaper due to retracement
I guess it just seems odd at those strikes to me; I would think at least the +C being ITM for such a duration-- something like +192.5/-205 gives you a 197 BEP, whereas a +200/-205 gives you a 201.5 BEP. Asking to learn.

Reactions: tivoboy
What's the general view on NVDA, sell some puts this week, or wait until the split, will premiums be better, the same, worse...?

-p1150's for $20 are mighty tempting...
I'm hesitant. I see NVDA likely to trade down somewhere between 1100 and 1150 next week, but maybe it stabilizes by Friday. I've cut back my target of 21 contracts down to just 6 right now... but I am less exposed than I would like to be right now. Holding 6/21 -P1000 and and 7/5 -P1100. I'll wait until Monday personally.

I guess it just seems odd at those strikes to me; I would think at least the +C being ITM for such a duration-- something like +192.5/-205 gives you a 197 BEP, whereas a +200/-205 gives you a 201.5 BEP. Asking to learn.
exp 6/21. I dont really need it to hit to 205. The theta is there as it pump early into next week I can close. See below

Based on 4x +200C/-205C exp 6/21

1717779227974.png

What are you guys doing for next week. I'm thinking of treating it like the week of ER and staying out of the market. If the compensation package doesn't pass there is a risk of the SP falling hard.
I am thinking the same… holding off on selling cc’s until the vote… UNLESS, we get an early week pump toward mid-190’s, could be an opportunity there to sell cc’s before the vote. But either way, will see how things play out before acting

I am thinking the same… holding off on selling cc’s until the vote… UNLESS, we get an early week pump toward mid-190’s, could be an opportunity there to sell cc’s before the vote. But either way, will see how things play out before acting
If the stars are aligned with cool CPI and rate cut pulling in.....

The job data, ECB cutes, are playing a huge factor going in. Recession signs are coming in.

End of day dump incoming....,.

I went on a morning bike ride and missed my chance to sell the 207.5CCs for a little less. My 207.5CC for next week didn't trigger despite the SP spiking higher than it did at open when they were going for .3
Would have had a nice profit today. Oh well, expensive bike ride....

Reactions: Jim Holder
I'm hesitant. I see NVDA likely to trade down somewhere between 1100 and 1150 next week, but maybe it stabilizes by Friday. I've cut back my target of 21 contracts down to just 6 right now... but I am less exposed than I would like to be right now. Holding 6/21 -P1000 and and 7/5 -P1100. I'll wait until Monday personally.
Well, with that dump we just had, I decided to go aggressive on 5x -p1200's @$40, HOWEVER, seems I had put in a sell already for 5x -p1150's @$15.1 (this when they were trading around $13), and that obviously triggered...

Still that's OK, but wanted to go for it a bit given that I was going to sit-out TSLA, but will probably play with an -ATM straddle or two just for shits'n'giggles

I went on a morning bike ride and missed my chance to sell the 207.5CCs for a little less. My 207.5CC for next week didn't trigger despite the SP spiking higher than it did at open when they were going for .3
Would have had a nice profit today. Oh well, expensive bike ride....
Your bike rides, my dog walks... 🤷‍♂️ gotta live though eh?

Actually, it’ll be 100-110 after split which is after market close today. You have 2100 shares of NVDA?

I'l also thinking that there'll be substantially more autists and degenerates suddenly able to play the covered-call game, and selling calls causes the MM's to sell the stock, right?

That was some dump, seemed market-wide, any news for that?

Glad to say that I had already closed-out all positions for the week or it would have raised my blood-pressure:

BTO 100x TSLA -c180 @25c, 100x TSLA -p172.50 @5c, 5x NVDA -p1175 @45c, total around 95% profits

+4% of total portfolio in cash premiums taken this week

Last edited: