Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great work @dl003! Seems like your option #3 (🚀rocket) is activated in full force.
Remember to let us know when it's getting frothy and the DL bearish divergence appears ;- )

DL's post on X:
"T
he 4th base is being closed out as we speak. The question is "is 211 the end of the white oval?" Technically the white oval can go all the way up to 230 but not without some significant news like a big P&D beat. Right now I'm looking for a retracement to at least 205 before any more upside.

Update: I'm leaning heavily toward 1 and 3. The squeeze is on. Out of my put spreads for a small loss.

Option 1) $211 was it for the white oval and we're pulling back preparing to close out the purple oval.
Option 2) $211 was it for the white oval and purple oval won't be closed out. We going down to 170s.

Option 3) This is just the first leg of the white oval and we're going up much more after P&D.

View attachment 1061365

If option 1 how low of a retracement in the purple oval we looking for?

A retracement is prefer for proper positioning and allow some "catching up". Don't mind if we just rocket to the Moon but it's make it more expensive to position for Long. That would also help my FOMO brother @juanmedina .

Great work @dl003! Seems like your option #3 (🚀rocket) is activated in full force.
Remember to let us know when it's getting frothy and the DL bearish divergence appears ;- )

DL's post on X:
"T
he 4th base is being closed out as we speak. The question is "is 211 the end of the white oval?" Technically the white oval can go all the way up to 230 but not without some significant news like a big P&D beat. Right now I'm looking for a retracement to at least 205 before any more upside.

Update: I'm leaning heavily toward 1 and 3. The squeeze is on. Out of my put spreads for a small loss.

Option 1) $211 was it for the white oval and we're pulling back preparing to close out the purple oval.
Option 2) $211 was it for the white oval and purple oval won't be closed out. We going down to 170s.

Option 3) This is just the first leg of the white oval and we're going up much more after P&D.

View attachment 1061365
That's nothing to write home about. The difference between 1 and 3 in how deep the pullback will be is about $3. The big trend is up. Sometimes I list those out to have something to refer back to when things become clearer.

Absent a big miss tomorrow, the squeeze should go on. I wonder how many people actually believed this when I posted it on June 3rd.
1719870102479.png

A month later
1719870021626.png

And yet, I know that when the time comes everyone and their mom on X and youtube will act like geniuses who have known this all along. You didn't believe me when I said it's going to go up, will you believe me when I say it's gonna go down?

You didn't believe me when I said it's going to go up, will you believe me when I say it's gonna go down?

Of course I believed you. Was just curious when this morning's $197 area gap will be filled. Regardless, I rode the move up based on your call via longs and a stack of -P300 12/2026. I took them from $122 and bought them back at $114.40; sold again for $116.00 at the shallow $209 retrace and will look to buy them back when we hit either $216 or $219 and watch PA at that point. How high can we go on this run?

I have some CC's that are far out (-C245 10/18/24; -C240 12/20/2024) but not worrying about them right now, plenty of time and extrinsic left. Like you always say, nothing goes straight up, even TSLA.

I'm prepared for a sell-the-news dip and rip tomorrow (rip because of all the bullish positioning to $220), so I might just hold throughout. Would you say a stop loss on longs should be around the 200-day (~$205.92) or lower?

1719871480202.png

That's nothing to write home about. The difference between 1 and 3 in how deep the pullback will be is about $3. The big trend is up. Sometimes I list those out to have something to refer back to when things become clearer.

Absent a big miss tomorrow, the squeeze should go on. I wonder how many people actually believed this when I posted it on June 3rd.
View attachment 1061374
A month later
View attachment 1061370

And yet, I know that when the time comes everyone and their mom on X and youtube will act like geniuses who have known this all along. You didn't believe me when I said it's going to go up, will you believe me when I say it's gonna go down?
I believe you also said it would visit the $160’s, when do you think?

Reactions: Patrick66 and Bunky
I believe you also said it would visit the $160’s, when do you think?
IMO it’s the $160’s that come after $999,999.99 when the numbers roll over and start again 😎

Let’s ride ‘em up! 🚀

In all seriousness, IIRC @dl003 taught that when the trend is up we follow it until we see signs it’s done. The level it peters out at helps guide the measured potential retracement. So too early. Had it not broken $200 then maybe lower was possible. But we’re in a different regime now that it has gotten this far.

Of course I believed you. Was just curious when this morning's $197 area gap will be filled. Regardless, I rode the move up based on your call via longs and a stack of -P300 12/2026. I took them from $122 and bought them back at $114.40; sold again for $116.00 at the shallow $209 retrace and will look to buy them back when we hit either $216 or $219 and watch PA at that point. How high can we go on this run?

I have some CC's that are far out (-C245 10/18/24; -C240 12/20/2024) but not worrying about them right now, plenty of time and extrinsic left. Like you always say, nothing goes straight up, even TSLA.

I'm prepared for a sell-the-news dip and rip tomorrow (rip because of all the bullish positioning to $220), so I might just hold throughout. Would you say a stop loss on longs should be around the 200-day (~$205.92) or lower?

View attachment 1061379
below 191.

Wasn't aware of the Russell index move, thanks for sharing! Didn't look at others you mentioned, recovery might have started. Overnight 24 hr market , per the Hood, MSTR $1,472 , up $93 or so... I sold -p1200 for the 5th, wasn't concerned, will take profit AM and be done for the week, if this trend continues. GLTA!

This puppy is volatile! I closed the position, took $1.25 profit, not bad holding over the weekend. The motivation was a short trading week, theta burn, what made sense suddenly didn't after the whuffle Friday to a new index fund. I'll will revert back to 2-3DTE and may stay out of this one until after the dust settles :)

Back to our thread title, let's see what TSLA can do !
[/QUOTE]
Good on you. I was busy today and missed the window to close at around 2:20 pm ET today where MSTR ran up to 1435. PA of this stock has been really odd, big divergence from today's BTC run up and was under a short sale restriction to boot. Hope I get another chance to unload this week.

This puppy is volatile! I closed the position, took $1.25 profit, not bad holding over the weekend. The motivation was a short trading week, theta burn, what made sense suddenly didn't after the whuffle Friday to a new index fund. I'll will revert back to 2-3DTE and may stay out of this one until after the dust settles :)

Back to our thread title, let's see what TSLA can do !
Good on you. I was busy today and missed the window to close at around 2:20 pm ET today where MSTR ran up to 1435. PA of this stock has been really odd, big divergence from today's BTC run up and was under a short sale restriction to boot. Hope I get another chance to unload this week.
[/QUOTE]
Thx,.I've been playing it safe lately. Bird in hand is better than... Close for even monies if you need to; there will be more opportunities to earn credit.

View attachment 1061374
A month later
View attachment 1061370

My LEAPS now believe you.
When you say it’s going down and sell, they are gone, no question asked.

I'll be the contrarian to the optimism. I do stand to gain much more if it is right, but I see a lot of hurdles beyond the chart. My short-term floor has gone up to $183 though.
I’m feeling it’ll top out around $218-$220 and cool off. Of course now that I said that it’ll go to 230+ and not stop until sell-the-news on 8/8 (only around 26 trading days from now BTW…).

Also some positive court surprises with the Chicanery court can add to the pump.

• Funny
Reactions: ShareLofty
I'll be the contrarian to the optimism. I do stand to gain much more if it is right, but I see a lot of hurdles beyond the chart. My short-term floor has gone up to $183 though.
I dont see optimism yet. this is far from what you normally see at the top. hell the other thread is still talking about fsd and delivery instead of new ath.