Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Cam caught Hit & Run

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s purely CYA on my part. While I know it’s a public place and expectation of privacy is low, I’d hate to deal with anything the guy may try and bring up.

CYA from what? Everyone can see everyones plate numbers. What privacy issues are you talking about? There are none.

It's funny how people want to blur their plate numbers, yet post to social media where they are on vacation, pictures of their house, their kids, their phone numbers and birth dates. Let go of this privacy issue thing people!

CYA from what? Everyone can see everyones plate numbers. What privacy issues are you talking about? There are none.

It's funny how people want to blur their plate numbers, yet post to social media where they are on vacation, pictures of their house, their kids, their phone numbers and birth dates. Let go of this privacy issue thing people!

And while they're at it, perhaps install a piece of opaque plastic over the actual license plate on your car. After all you wouldn't want some nefarious person to know what your plate says... too funny... way too funny.. cripe even your VIN number is visible on your car :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
If the other guy's insurance tries to cheap out, tell them that you expect a fair settlement that puts you back to "before it happened" status, including using genuine Tesla parts and using service that maintains your full warranty. If they try to cheap out, show them the videos and tell them if they're not going to make things 100% right, you'll hire an attorney and take them to court for repair costs, court costs, and legal costs.

I made an appointment at my Tesla service center. I received an email on Saturday advising me to check the app for a repair estimate. Once I accepted the estimate, the repair could proceed.

The app won’t let me check on the repair. It’s stuck on the “Preparation” phase.

I also got an email with a link to the estimate document to sign. I was able to sign it via the email link, but the app still shows “Preparation.”

I received a text message today from Mobile Service advising if the estimate was not approved, my appointment would have to be postponed. I responded advising I had already accepted the estimate and sent a screen shot of the app being “stuck.” No response yet.

Anyone ever have a similar issue?

As far as me not wanting to post the video until it’s blurred... it’s a personal choice. No need to turn into keyboard warriors and start trying to flame.

A26F82E9-5DDF-4947-84FB-2A0ADAFF1F28.jpeg

Second time mobile service has been by to swap out the front bumper. Both times the paint hasn’t matched.