Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry clips not being overwritten to make room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

So I have been getting notifications that my USB is always getting full however i always thought that the oldest sentry clip gets deleted or overwritten to make room but why am I getting notifications that it’s getting full?

Thanks in advance

I delete most of my clips so I have not gotten that notification. I found this in the Model 3 manual...

Viewing Video Recordings​

If footage is saved, you can view the clips on the touchscreen or a computer.
When the USB drive runs out of storage space, video footage can no longer be saved. To prevent the USB drive from getting full, regularly move saved videos to another device and delete them from the USB drive.

I delete most of my clips so I have not gotten that notification. I found this in the Model 3 manual...

Viewing Video Recordings​

If footage is saved, you can view the clips on the touchscreen or a computer.
When the USB drive runs out of storage space, video footage can no longer be saved. To prevent the USB drive from getting full, regularly move saved videos to another device and delete them from the USB drive.
So what I found in the manual is below and I have 0 “Saved Clips”. The below excerpt from the manual suggests if I do not save any clips (which I haven’t) my USB flash drive should never get full because Sentry Clips should be overwritten.

Note
When the internal storage reaches full capacity, new recordings from Alert and Alarm events overwrite the older recordings.