Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry lost footages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I know I'm not the first to report issues with sentry. But i have not find any explanation on my problem yet.

Just got a big scratch on the paint. I apparently got keyed... Tried to look at the footages, unfortunately an hour is missing right when i believe it happened.

I noticed also one footage, at least, stopped as soon as i got back into the car. Seems to make sense, no need surveillance anymore, but wait, it should record when I'm driving too. It does, sometimes.

Anyone else having intermittent recordings ? Thanks

The important thing to establish is do you understand how TeslaCam and Sentry Mode work in conjuction with each other and the file system used. I'm on the way out of house now but maybe you can explain how you see them working.

Both TeslaCam (camera icon) and Sentry Mode (big red eye) need to be enabled for recording to happen (ie. both must display a red light). All recordings get made in the RecentClips folder and if manually saved or categorized as a Sentry event will be removed from RecentClips and stored until deleted into SavedClips folder. An hour missing seems strange. Maybe TeslaCam wasn't enabled at that point?

And yes, Sentry will turn off when you get in the car (using an authorized key device).

Thanks SMAlset,
Yes they are both always turned on, except at home and at work.
Yes, i have an hour or several hours missing here and there.
I agree Sentry turns off when i get into the car, but TeslaCam should continue recording, right ?
Thanks