Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode battery usage 7% per day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But they don't appear to have fixed the power usage with HW4 and new cameras eithe.r
The power draw does not come from the AP HW. It comes from the whole HV subsystem needing to be on to support it. They would need to change the low voltage DC architecture of the car to lower the power draw significantly with additional cost. Sentry is a party trick so it's unlikely they are going to do that just for Sentry.

Silly question, but sometimes we all overlook the obvious. Does your parking garage have surveillance cameras? If not, why not? And if not, perhaps petitioning the management to add them would be in everyone’s best interest.

When I park in public lots or parking garages, I rarely use sentry mode because any incident would be captured by security cameras. I’m currently flying home and my car is in garage 1 at Dulles. Sentry mode is off. Don’t need it. Leaving sentry mode on for a week at an airport garage would most likely force me to stop and charge on the way home.

One potential issue is blind spots. But if possible I try locating the cameras and find parking nearby.