Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Caught Guy Breaking into My Model 3. What Did He Take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As you guys may have already seen in the Model 3 forum, some guy broke into my model 3 this past weekend. He broke the passenger front glass but did not open the door - so the alarm did not go off. See the video:

I got better views of him from the side camera. See attached pics. He took some cash (left hand) but in his right hand is a piece of paper. What is so important on the paper for him to take? My address? Is he coming to get me? Should I be sleeping with my shotgun next to me tonight?

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20210104_214459.jpg
    20210104_214459.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210104_221651.jpg
    20210104_221651.jpg
    540.3 KB · Views: 73
Don't worry, we'll send the video to the cops if something happens. ;-) Seriously tho, the paper looks like a receipt. Even if he got your home address, I'm not sure why he would use it. The thieves didn't choose you specifically, they just opportunistically picked an easy target.

Recently had a "driveway pirate" rummage through my parked car.

Thief caught on camera - Nest Video

He failed to find the cash and coins, but took all the worthless crap in the center console, lol. Afterward, I realized that I had printed all of the details of my storage locker, including the gate code and lock combination, and put it in the car, but fortunately I had recently removed it (later found it in a jacket pocket). Although honestly, he would have done me a favor cleaning that out lmao.

The point is, these are two-bit thieves and not evil-genius supervillans. I wouldn't be particularly concerned.