Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Clips not always saving after alerts present

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is what I do daily to view my Sentry Mode clips.

1. I get in the car, the UI says there have been x amount of alerts
2. I click the red sentry icon to turn off icon and turn off dashcam if it is on
3. I wait 30-60 seconds
4. Remove USB key
5. Plug USB key into phone to view
6. Clips are sometimes not there

Am I doing this incorrectly? I have TeslaCam in the root. Dashcam vids save no issues

What are you seeing on your drive to determine it's not there? Sentry Mode clips are saved in the SavedClips folder along with your manually saved footage. Do you not see any videos in your SavedClips folder?

I see the SavedClips folder and it has clips saved in it. However more often than not it does not have the most recent clips saved to the folder after events are triggered

I have a 255gb USB drive. Tons of space left. Just cleared it the other day.

Owners manual says to pause the camera before removing it. Press the icon and hold it until it blinks brighter. It's a little hard to see under your finger. Wait some more seconds until the red dot turns gray and then remove the USB. The new APP available for smartphones with the adapter works very well. If sentry mode has been activated you can immediately look at the event in the car with your phone.

Owners manual says to pause the camera before removing it. Press the icon and hold it until it blinks brighter. It's a little hard to see under your finger. Wait some more seconds until the red dot turns gray and then remove the USB. The new APP available for smartphones with the adapter works very well. If sentry mode has been activated you can immediately look at the event in the car with your phone.

You are talking about the sentry icon?