Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode False Alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a notification on my phone that “Sentry mode has triggered the alarm state” but my car was completely fine.

This is somewhat concerning because it dilutes the sense of security. Although I suppose false positives are better than false negatives.

Has anyone else experienced this?

What does your SavedClips show?

TeslaCam and Sentry Mode are pretty cool but still have work. Only had my Sentry Mode to test out for a short time and it was to a limited pool of owners. Now that it’s been pushed to a greater number they’ll get more real world feedback for future updates. And it will get better no doubt. I think it’s a pretty cool feature on my car now.

Not that I’m aware of, unless opening the app stopped it before I got there. All my windows were still there, but I haven’t had time to review the footage yet.
I don’t understand then. How do you know it was a false alarm?? Just banging on a window (without breaking it) will set off the alarm - and that wouldn’t be a false alarm.

I don’t understand then. How do you know it was a false alarm?? Just banging on a window (without breaking it) will set off the alarm - and that wouldn’t be a false alarm.

I guess that’s fair, I’ll check tonight and update with my findings. Although, my car is currently parked under my work in a row of other 3s, so the likeliness that someone was banging on my windows seems fairly low.

UPDATE:

After reviewing the footage, it appears that a loud motorcycle driving by set it off. I wish we got audio so I could know for sure, but nothing else happened near my car before the alarm triggered.
Are you able to correlate the time of notification with a guessimate of the timing of the motorcycle? Not sure, but you might be able to use the video file's timestamp as an aid.

Are you able to correlate the time of notification with a guessimate of the timing of the motorcycle? Not sure, but you might be able to use the video file's timestamp as an aid.

I can see the motorcycle drive by, followed by my lights flashing.

26175BD9-0689-4627-8780-C856EB44149F.gif

Someone else reported that a nearby rumbling truck set off his car's alarm. So, it seems loud noise and/or vibration triggers it?

I can also confirm that loud trucks or cars with loud exhaust systems parked near you will sometimes trigger the car's alarm.

On multiple occasions at work parking next to this lowered truck has triggered my alarm. After viewing the TeslaCam footage no damage was done to my car when the alarm was trigger but the same truck that parked next to me has a loud custom exhaust that triggered the alarm.

Hope Tesla can modify the sensitivity level for sound triggers. I was shitting bricks speed walking to my Telsa praying that nobody hit my car in the parking lot. :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: 0ptions
Has anyone been able to trigger the alarm in version 2019.5.15 by banging on the windows? I originally had the first initial release of Sentry Mode in 2019.x.x (whatever the numbers were) and 2019.5.4. In the initial release, I was able to set off the Sentry Model alarm by banging on the windows. However, I was not able to set it off in 2019.5.4 or 2019.5.15 when banging on the windows. I'm hitting it pretty hard too, but still no go. I'm not sure if it's a bug, faulty sensors, or the updated software being less sensitive. I can still see that Sentry is recording, but I just can't seem to trigger the alarm.

Reactions: Leeclanual