Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode for US Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will have to HOLD the camera icon (3-5 seconds) to stop the recording, then pull your USB & insert it into your computer & manually delete old Sentry Recordings.

Hopefully, 1 day either Tesla rotates the Sentry Mode videos (like TeslaCam) or at a minimum gives us permission to delete them via the touchscreen in the car.

I can't tell you how bad I want to "root" my car. hahaha

Reactions: Cperry
Got 19.8 3 this morning.... Sentry is active!!!
Wheeee!!!

Had dog mode since 2019.5.15

Supposed to see stop lights now too BUT does NOT brake for them. Just alerts you if you're in Auto-Steer - still testing that.

NoAP works better now than ever before.

My release notes said "Autosteer Stop Light Warning", but on first trip to gym, got no warning or breaking and was the only car approaching intersection. Maybe this is only for MCU2 cars? Static dog watch screen works, but we need a contest to redesign the balloon dog or allow to make it our dog photo.

old |v2018.50.6|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.8.3|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

After the software update, today my charge port will not open when I press the button on the Tesla charging cable. Anyone else with the same issue?

Another issue was a garbled rear view video. Had to restart MCU to fix this.

Another issue - passenger side front repeater cam saving 0 byte files...no video from that. There was one file with 5 megs but the video was garbled.

Last edited:
After the software update, today my charge port will not open when I press the button on the Tesla charging cable. Anyone else with the same issue?

@ModlS3XY -- I thought I had this same issue because I had not yet unplugged my MX from the HPC the morning of the update. I unplugged it then tried to open the charge-port door with the wand and it seemed to not want to open the door. I left the house to run some errands and when I got back home to show the issue off to the wife, it started working again. :confused:

Reactions: Nrazar and P85_DA
I've had to reboot the car 3 times since the firmware update.

While driving this afternoon both screens froze. Car was still driveable steering, braking & accelerating all fine. Even AP still worked but display & rear camera all frozen. A reboot cured everything but I didn't reboot while driving.

Tonight....when it was dark out. I was the only car approaching a red light while in Auto-Steer at 25 mph. I had to let the car get close to the intersection but I was finally alerted with the take over immediately red hands & steering wheel.

The Stop Light alert works but it seems only at night & you'd have to be asleep or not watching the road as the alert happens pretty close to the intersection. If you're testing....make sure no one else is around.

Also, upgraded my USB drive from 32GB to 128GB to allow more recording now that Sentry mode is active.

If you just installed 2019.8.3, I suggest you reboot once or twice to flush the memory

Reactions: Cperry
Just courious if you recived the newest update what is the build date and specs of your X?
Does anyone know what the prereqs for your X has to be to get the latest update?

I have a build date of 03/17 and have AP2 and bought EAP and FSD when ordering my X.
Am I out of luck and not going to get this update?

TIA

I received the update yesterday for my X and have had no luck getting it to activate. The app will show Sentry more is on but approaching the car with the fob and phone away from it does not activate the screen, even if the door handles are pushed or the car is smacked.

@Freerster - Looks like Sentry Mode is limited to Aug/Sept 2017 & later MX's & MS's which means HW 2.5.
If you ordered FSD you should get the upgrade to HW 3.0 from your current 2.0 (when it comes out) - at that point you'll have all these new features from your firmware.

@IOIIOOO - try a dual scroll wheel reboot - you need to enable Sentry Mode every time you exit the vehicle.

Just courious if you recived the newest update what is the build date and specs of your X?
Does anyone know what the prereqs for your X has to be to get the latest update?

I have a build date of 03/17 and have AP2 and bought EAP and FSD when ordering my X.
Am I out of luck and not going to get this update?

TIA

I have very similar builds — Got the updates in both cars. You’ll likely get it in the next few days.

@Freerster - Looks like Sentry Mode is limited to Aug/Sept 2017 & later MX's & MS's which means HW 2.5.
If you ordered FSD you should get the upgrade to HW 3.0 from your current 2.0 (when it comes out) - at that point you'll have all these new features from your firmware.

I hope it just hasn't rolled out to the HW2 folks yet....i'm still going to keep my fingers crossed...but thank you.

We had the Intrusion Sensor installed yesterday. This is a September 2017 MX so AP 2.5. Firmware was installed, 2018 50.6 xxxxx which turns out to be what was already installed.

Under Safety/Security, it shows up as: Security Alarm

Tilt and intrusion alarm

Passive Entry

While there is a screen button for each of the above, it appears that S/A and T/I options can not be turned on independently. Either they both come on or both go off. Furthermore, I am no longer able to activate Passive Entry.

With the alarms armed, I happened to walk by the open passenger side window which initiated loud horn noise. I did have the fob in my pocket. Two presses on the fob and the noise ceased. Later when I checked my iPhone, I saw that I had received an alert that the alarm had been triggered.

Has any other X owner seen the options under Safety/Security? What firmware are you using? Are you able to turn on Passive Entry?

I have a message to Tesla Service but no response so far. Thanks for observations

RE the above message. This is what I see on my screen.

Attachments

• IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 76