Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode on during driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jjlt

Aug 23, 2023
I have a Model Y for about a month. Today I ran into a strange issue during the drive. First the car refused to engage auto pilot even on a well marked road. At an intersection when stopped on a red light, I set the car to park hoping to reset itself. But instead, the whole screen suddenly showed the sentry mode. I pushed down the stalk to drive thinking this screen will go away. But it didn’t. Suddenly it’s like driving blind. I had to find the next parking lot to eventually remove the full screen sentry mode display by using my phone app. This is quite concerning and scary. Has anyone seen this? Why is it doing this?

I have a Model Y for about a month. Today I ran into a strange issue during the drive. First the car refused to engage auto pilot even on a well marked road. At an intersection when stopped on a red light, I set the car to park hoping to reset itself. But instead, the whole screen suddenly showed the sentry mode. I pushed down the stalk to drive thinking this screen will go away. But it didn’t. Suddenly it’s like driving blind. I had to find the next parking lot to eventually remove the full screen sentry mode display by using my phone app. This is quite concerning and scary. Has anyone seen this? Why is it doing this?
It's a bug. Someone needs to rewrite the codes to fix that bug.

Welcome to the computer on wheel.

I pushed down the stalk to drive thinking this screen will go away. But it didn’t. Suddenly it’s like driving blind. I had to find the next parking lot to eventually remove the full screen sentry mode display by using my phone app. This is quite concerning and scary. Has anyone seen this? Why is it doing this?

Probably because you have sentry mode set to come on everywhere, except perhaps home and work, and you put the car into park, and were not at home or at work.

Sentry mode/live view is a mess for me right now. It use to work perfectly, then since mid August not so much. Tried reformatting/rebooting/delete reload app. Going in for bumper service sentry missed and discuss with Tesla....