Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode recordings and new update 2019.32.2.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Last night I had 40 sentry recordings and tonight from 6.30pm till now (9.09pm) I've had 18!

I was upstairs and noticed the lights flash but nothing near it? Also checked last night's footage but nothing to really trigger it. (This has become my new TV soap to watch!)

Seems to have happened after the update a few days ago 2019.32.2.1

Anyone else noticed that they are getting more recordings recently after this update?

Last night I had 40 sentry recordings and tonight from 6.30pm till now (9.09pm) I've had 18!

I was upstairs and noticed the lights flash but nothing near it? Also checked last night's footage but nothing to really trigger it. (This has become my new TV soap to watch!)

Seems to have happened after the update a few days ago 2019.32.2.1

Anyone else noticed that they are getting more recordings recently after this update?
To be honest I think my false activations have got slightly less. I'm turning sentry off during the day as I work from home most of the time, but still setting it at night time, even though we've got high and low level CCTV and proximity alarms (yes, paranoid!)

First thing I do in the morning is have a look on the Nest doorbell cam which does a great job of capturing any sentry activations. It was 10 or 12 per night but the last few nights have been down to 3 or 4. All false fortunately. I've also noticed that the quality of the recording of the forward facing cam is rather poor. I cross-checked this by downloading some dashcam footage which was also average at best. Certainly nowhere near as good as the Viofo dashcam we have in the other car. Is the Tesla cam footage generally a bit poor? Clips I've seen on YouTube also don't look great so maybe it's time to install a "proper" dashcam again? It's a struggle to make out number plates for example and you can achieve this quite easily with a decent GPS enabled cam for not much more than £100. I've got to believe the actual Tesla cam hardware is decent so maybe they are having to compress the footage or something? Great concept but still work to do.

I'll keep an eye on the number of activations and post back in a few days.

Thanks all, this morning woke up to 81 triggers!

Could be a family of spiders happening! Actually hope not :/

Not sure if a cat under car but not seeing any movement around the car from the first trigger? Can a cat get up under car as not looked?

Could it be the spirit of my old diesel car?

Got my Raspberry pi but need to set it up to off load to Google drive

To be honest I think my false activations have got slightly less. I'm turning sentry off during the day as I work from home most of the time, but still setting it at night time, even though we've got high and low level CCTV and proximity alarms (yes, paranoid!)

First thing I do in the morning is have a look on the Nest doorbell cam which does a great job of capturing any sentry activations. It was 10 or 12 per night but the last few nights have been down to 3 or 4. All false fortunately. I've also noticed that the quality of the recording of the forward facing cam is rather poor. I cross-checked this by downloading some dashcam footage which was also average at best. Certainly nowhere near as good as the Viofo dashcam we have in the other car. Is the Tesla cam footage generally a bit poor? Clips I've seen on YouTube also don't look great so maybe it's time to install a "proper" dashcam again? It's a struggle to make out number plates for example and you can achieve this quite easily with a decent GPS enabled cam for not much more than £100. I've got to believe the actual Tesla cam hardware is decent so maybe they are having to compress the footage or something? Great concept but still work to do.

I'll keep an eye on the number of activations and post back in a few days.

Yes its quite well known that the quality of recording from the Teslacams isn't of the highest quality. Unfortunately you cannot increase the resolution as the camera's are not of the highest resolution but there may also be some compression involved too

Thanks all, this morning woke up to 81 triggers!

Could be a family of spiders happening! Actually hope not :/

Not sure if a cat under car but not seeing any movement around the car from the first trigger? Can a cat get up under car as not looked?

Could it be the spirit of my old diesel car?

Got my Raspberry pi but need to set it up to off load to Google drive
Just one activation last night. I now need to test whether it's actually sensitive enough :)

Yes its quite well known that the quality of recording from the Teslacams isn't of the highest quality. Unfortunately you cannot increase the resolution as the camera's are not of the highest resolution but there may also be some compression involved too
OK, thanks for confirming. May go back to a decent third-party dashcam as number plate visibility is pretty important. Cheers