Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode simple question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I get in the car, and it says 5 events recorded. How do I view the footage in car? Do I have to pull the USB and watch on a computer??
There should be a dash cam viewer app that you can browse through the recorded events.

What software version are you on? What Model S year do you have? The latter is not necessarily important, unless you have a refresh Model S on an older software version. The viewer was not initially included in the software shipped with the car.

Quick side question regarding sentry (don’t want to make a new thread). If you’re charging with sentry on, does the car charge slower? I’m on 120v so every mile counts, should I turn off sentry when charging to get more charge? Thx

Quick side question regarding sentry (don’t want to make a new thread). If you’re charging with sentry on, does the car charge slower? I’m on 120v so every mile counts, should I turn off sentry when charging to get more charge? Thx
I think I read where if you have Sentry on in a parked Tesla, you loose 1.5 miles an hour in range. I would turn it off. It may add an extra mile an hour or more to your charging rate, and at 4 miles per hour charge rate maximum, that is significant. Try it out and report back what effect it has on your car! :)

• Helpful
Reactions: dropgems and cwanja
Good question. Sentry Mode, as others have noted, does drain the battery faster than when its off, because it has to keep the computer awake to process the video around the car. However, I'm not sure how much the car can sleep when its actively charging, so Sentry Mode may not make much of a difference. Perhaps someone here who has compared can comment?

You are correct of course that level 1 charging the static load from the car is a significant percentage of the available power, so yes, if it is indeed the only thing keeping the computer etc on it may make a difference.

Reactions: dropgems