Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So new owner only about three weeks.
Formatted a high endurance microsd card and sentry and dashcam were both working. Had a couple software updates since I bought it and in past few days sentry mode doesn’t appear to be working. One time I got in the car it said 14 events, but when I launched the viewer nothing was in there. I pulled the card out and nothing in the file on the computer either. I just tested it out by turning it on then with my phone in airplane mode tried going up to the car trying to open handles, looking around and nothing showed up on the monitor and when I got in the car it didn’t say any events were recorded, still nothing on the viewer. Any suggestions? I haven’t tried a reboot yet.

So new owner only about three weeks.
Formatted a high endurance microsd card and sentry and dashcam were both working. Had a couple software updates since I bought it and in past few days sentry mode doesn’t appear to be working. One time I got in the car it said 14 events, but when I launched the viewer nothing was in there. I pulled the card out and nothing in the file on the computer either. I just tested it out by turning it on then with my phone in airplane mode tried going up to the car trying to open handles, looking around and nothing showed up on the monitor and when I got in the car it didn’t say any events were recorded, still nothing on the viewer. Any suggestions? I haven’t tried a reboot yet.
It seems to be a bug in the latest few firmware update. I reformatted the drive on my PC and then inserted usb drive into car and then reformatted in car. Also Sentry mode seems to be very hit and miss at the moment. I use to get 10 to 500 some nights, now it does not even record more than 1 event which is me opening the door :/

Mine started working again on its own but only intermittently. It seems as if the car had been asleep a long time (overnight) it doesn’t work until I have opened the app again. Who knows....