Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode video from right repeater randomly corrupts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been observing the trend that sentry mode video from right repeater is corrupt randomly. Some days its all ok. Some days the video miles are 0bytes from right repeater only.
Is this a software issue? As I am on latest 2019.20.4.2
OR a hardware issue worth taking it to the service center? Anyone seen this behavior?

It is a common issue that I've seen mentioned multiple times on here. My right repeater also has the issue you describe.

I assume it's software. if it were hardware, the left repeater would be equally as problematic, no? Tesla will improve TeslaCam/Sentry Mode...eventually.

If by “corrupt” you mean that a large portion of the video from a repeater is green or heavily pixelated, then I have the same problem. I made an appointment to the nearest service center assuming that it was a hardware issue. The service center came back to me and said it was a known software issue and it would be addressed in a future release. I agreed to cancel my appointment. Also, some of my repeater files showed zero bytes. Maybe it is worth your trying to make a service center appointment to see what response you get from them, either confirming or disagreeing with what I was told. Reporting back here would help us figure this out. Seems to me that if it is a software issue, it should be a higher priority than arcade games that seem to get a lot of attention lately.