Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry model recording at home when it is checked not to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Picked up a MX plaid last weekend, it records sentry mode at home even when the box is checked not to? I have the home address correct and the home link works when approaching the house so it knows where we live, correct? Any suggestions?

Mine was driving me a little nutz too but realized - the Exclude from home work great as long as it was only me using the car. However, when my wife took the car somewhere and returnd... it starts recording at home. So I had to pop into her profile and turn it off there as well.
(it was even switching over when she'd walk by it in the garge and activating her profile... I think... or suspected)

Mine was driving me a little nutz too but realized - the Exclude from home work great as long as it was only me using the car. However, when my wife took the car somewhere and returnd... it starts recording at home. So I had to pop into her profile and turn it off there as well.
(it was even switching over when she'd walk by it in the garge and activating her profile... I think... or suspected)
Don't forget to set it in Easy Access as well. If you use that, that is usually what it is in when you get out of the car.

I checked every profile today. Deleted the home address in the Nav and added it again. Called Tesla support, they looked at the car remotely and had me reboot and power cycle. If I lock the car it will begin to record again. Same setup as our 2018 MX and my current M3. They did not record at home. At a loss