Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor SentryAI: AI-filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam footage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sentryai

Former Vendor
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Hey TMC Community!

After my model 3 got keyed last year during a day of rain, I rushed to view the Sentry footage and saw over 350 events. With no way of isolating the actual incident, I set out to make an app that could classify humans using the new machine-learning packages within the iOS environment.

UPDATED TO VERSION 2.0!
- Now supports NAS, add your NAS to the native Files app on iOS and it will display in our app
- Added scrubbing
- Improved iPad UI that makes use of space by user request
- Fixed crash on delete for videos

I'm happy to introduce SentryAI, this app:

1) enables rapid viewing of Sentry / Dashcam footage using an adapter + a generic USB drive;
2) uses AI on iOS to quickly filter through the footage for only the ones with a human in them

Requirements: iOS13+, generic USB, USB to lightning adapter, external USB-C power if you use a SSD/Hard-drive
Buyer's guide: Buyer’s Guide – Sentry AI

Direct App Store Link: ‎SentryAI
Reddit thread: SentryAI v2.0 - Bulk filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam Footage : teslamotors

Support email: [email protected]

Disclaimer: I am the owner of the app and an approved vendor with TMC.

Thanks!
James

Last edited:
Would be great to have an Android solution that wirelessly connects to the Android phone while the drive is still plugged in.

Would solve all the problems many have in accessing Sentry footage.

We've tested wireless USBs in the past (e.g. Sandisk Connect Drive), the read/write speed of the stick is the rate-limiting step for our AI-based filter, until they can put the wireless feature on a quick stick (e.g. Sandisk Extreme), it may not be feasible :(

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
We've tested wireless USBs in the past (e.g. Sandisk Connect Drive), the read/write speed of the stick is the rate-limiting step for our AI-based filter, until they can put the wireless feature on a quick stick (e.g. Sandisk Extreme), it may not be feasible :(

When you get an Android wireless solution working in a seamless way, you'll sell tens of thousands of these!