Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor SentryAI: AI-filtering for humans in Sentry/Dashcam footage!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't get this to work with the Roadie as mentioned above.

Hey 6thday,

We had a reddit user do it on his raspberry pi with success.

Could you add the roadie's local IP address (I'm assuming its 192.168.1.1, but you could look at the wireless local IP it assigned to your iPhone and find the origin) as a server in the Files app? You'd have to do this to make the NAS work as well.

I'm sure the TeslaCam folder structure must exist in the Roadie otherwise TeslaCam won't readily write to it. As long as it exists, our app will work with it.

Thanks!

Hey 6thday,

We had a reddit user do it on his raspberry pi with success.

Could you add the roadie's local IP address (I'm assuming its 192.168.1.1, but you could look at the wireless local IP it assigned to your iPhone and find the origin) as a server in the Files app? You'd have to do this to make the NAS work as well.

I'm sure the TeslaCam folder structure must exist in the Roadie otherwise TeslaCam won't readily write to it. As long as it exists, our app will work with it.

Thanks!

I logged into my router and noticed the Roadie connects to my WiFi connection with an assigned local IP address.

I tried connecting to it via Files app using notation 192.168.x.x, as well as smb://192.168.x.x, and that still didn't work.

Maybe someone with a Roadie can try this and report back.

Hey 6thday,

I actually thought the Roadie acted like an access point from which your phone connects to it directly. I didn't know it spoke to your router as well. I assume it does this so you can access your videos from anywhere so long as your car is parked near your router.

James

I logged into my router and noticed the Roadie connects to my WiFi connection with an assigned local IP address.

I tried connecting to it via Files app using notation 192.168.x.x, as well as smb://192.168.x.x, and that still didn't work.

Maybe someone with a Roadie can try this and report back.
I can’t get it to connect to my NAS as well. I haven’t tried connecting directly to my Raspberrypi yet. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow when I’m in my car.

I can’t get it to connect to my NAS as well. I haven’t tried connecting directly to my Raspberrypi yet. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow when I’m in my car.

The NAS has to be visible in the Files app first, and configured to interact through the SMBv2 or later protocol.

I've connected the Synology NAS and also SSDs hooked up to the R7000 Nighthawk Router during the testing phase just to list a few.

The folder hierarchy must contain all three folders (Recent, Saved and Sentry clips)

Cheers

Hi All,

I have had a Roadie for a month or so...
I just upgraded it to software level 0.36 this will make it compatible with Tesla 2020.12.5
I believe this reformats the Roadie disk to FAT32 which is compatible with 2020.12.5
My car's current firmware is 2020.12.1
I do not know why I am not receiving the 2020.12.5 it seems currently to be widely distributed.

I use the Map Network Drive function of Windows to access Roadie-TeslaCam videos from my computer.
The first step I perform when trying this is to turn Sentry ON.
This keeps the USB powered on and keeps power to the Roadie.
When I am finished with the Roadie data I turn off Sentry.

Using the Roadie website instructions:
My Roadie number is roadie-2edd6909

On windows:
* Open the Start Menu
* right click on "Computer" or "My Computer"
*Select "Map Network Drive"
* Enter your Roadie's web address "http://roadie-2edd6909.local" for the WebDav server and click "Finish"
* Connect as Guest

This has worked for me for the last few weeks.
The main caveat is to be sure the Roadie has power and is connected to your home network...

Good Luck,

Shawn

• Informative
Reactions: 6thDAY
Hi All,

I have had a Roadie for a month or so...
I just upgraded it to software level 0.36 this will make it compatible with Tesla 2020.12.5
I believe this reformats the Roadie disk to FAT32 which is compatible with 2020.12.5
My car's current firmware is 2020.12.1
I do not know why I am not receiving the 2020.12.5 it seems currently to be widely distributed.

I use the Map Network Drive function of Windows to access Roadie-TeslaCam videos from my computer.
The first step I perform when trying this is to turn Sentry ON.
This keeps the USB powered on and keeps power to the Roadie.
When I am finished with the Roadie data I turn off Sentry.

Using the Roadie website instructions:
My Roadie number is roadie-2edd6909

On windows:
* Open the Start Menu
* right click on "Computer" or "My Computer"
*Select "Map Network Drive"
* Enter your Roadie's web address "http://roadie-2edd6909.local" for the WebDav server and click "Finish"
* Connect as Guest

This has worked for me for the last few weeks.
The main caveat is to be sure the Roadie has power and is connected to your home network...

Good Luck,

Shawn

Thanks for the great info! It works for me too on my Windows laptop.

However, do you know why roadie-xxx.local does not work when trying to connect via the iOS Files app?

It keeps telling "there was a problem connecting to the server".

Hey 6thday,

I actually thought the Roadie acted like an access point from which your phone connects to it directly. I didn't know it spoke to your router as well. I assume it does this so you can access your videos from anywhere so long as your car is parked near your router.

James

Just had confirmation from the developer of Roadie that only WebDav is supported at the moment :(

What a shame!

Any chance of adding WebDav support for this?

Last edited:
Just had confirmation from the developer of Roadie that only WebDav is supported at the moment :(

What a shame!

Any chance of adding WebDav support for this?

Oh!

Could you try adding the Roadie using this tutorial?

Transfer files to another iOS device with WebDAV and AirDrop - Readdle Knowledge Base

From my understanding, this WebDAV option only exists in the iWork apps like Pages, Numbers etc. for the iPhone.

Try adding the Roadie there, and then see if the Files app also detects the WebDAV server you added.

Unfortunately the Files app seems to only directly support SMB links at the moment.

Best

Oh!

Could you try adding the Roadie using this tutorial?

Transfer files to another iOS device with WebDAV and AirDrop - Readdle Knowledge Base

From my understanding, this WebDAV option only exists in the iWork apps like Pages, Numbers etc. for the iPhone.

Try adding the Roadie there, and then see if the Files app also detects the WebDAV server you added.

Unfortunately the Files app seems to only directly support SMB links at the moment.

Best

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately:

1. Apple's Pages, Numbers, Keynote apps removed WebDav option in iOS 13 (no idea why).
  2. I did find an app called Documents by Readdle supporting WebDav and was able to connect to the Roadie. Unfortunately the Files app cannot get pass the Documents folder, i.e. can't find subfolders, therefore cannot find the TeslaCam folder (see attachments)
  3. Tried using a USB to lightning cable to connect directly from the Roadie to the iPhone, and the Files app still didn't detect TeslaCam

Think I may give up on the Roadie and just buy an SSD. Now that Tesla allows viewing sentry/dash cam, I really only need SentryAI to scan for human interaction if anything happens to my car.

Attachments

• IMG_0090.PNG
    IMG_0090.PNG
    167.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 7.25.41 PM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 7.25.41 PM.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 35
Hi C142medic,

Did you change the format of your Teslausb device???
Firmware 2020.12.5 now expects to see the Roadie or equivalent formatted to FAT32...
Roadie updated their software to 0.36 which deleted all files (with warning to back them up if you desire)
and updated the device to FAT32...

Shawn

Hi C142medic,

Did you change the format of your Teslausb device???
Firmware 2020.12.5 now expects to see the Roadie or equivalent formatted to FAT32...
Roadie updated their software to 0.36 which deleted all files (with warning to back them up if you desire)
and updated the device to FAT32...

Shawn
Nope. I thought I had initially formatted as FAT32. I’m just going to redo everything from scratch and see what happens.