Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SentryCam Not recording to SaveClips Folder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got to my car and noticed 32 alerts from SentryCam. My car looked fine so I was curious what got recorded. When checking my SSD, I noticed there was no clips in the SaveClips folder.

I thought every time SentryCam got triggered it saved clips to the SavedClips folder. If I had 32 alerts, why do I have 0 clips?

I have clips in RecentClips and SentryClips folder though...

Am I not understanding how Sentry Cam works?

SavedClips is when you push the dashcam icon. They should be saved in SenteyClips. Are you not seeing them there?

Thats what I thought but I was reading threads from Sept post v10 update and people were saying Sentry triggers should be saved in the SavedClips folder.

I think there is just a lot of misinformation out there on exactly what it's doing, and when. Thanks for clearing it up. I guess mine is working normal and was just thrown off by prior comments. Thanks for clearing it up!

Sentry will save to SavedClips if the alarm gets triggered while in sentry mode. SentryClips are clips that were triggered by motion detection but didn't trigger the alarm i.e someone walking by your car.

This is what I'm confused about. When you get into your car and it says "x amount of alerts" are those caused by simple motion detection or they from alarm?