Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If mine ends up getting delayed again I think I'm going to add the 20s or change the color. My date now is the closest I've ever been to delivery though and I don't want to mess it up by changing anything right now.
I frankly think your delay is your location. Noticed multiple washington or oregon orders not yet fulfilled or VINd....suspect they are hitting East Coast currently and
West coast the last six weeks of quarter hard.....

If mine ends up getting delayed again I think I'm going to add the 20s or change the color. My date now is the closest I've ever been to delivery though and I don't want to mess it up by changing anything right now.
My delivery date was stuck in Aug-sept for more than a month. When I upgraded to the Performance I got moved to May, but of course that has moved. But with your order date, you get to keep pricing from that time. My Performance with Black paint was only 5000 more than with my options of MSM and 20" wheels. Total 70000 with all fees, registration and taxes.

A question for recent MY owner's. I took delivery of a MY-LR last week and the only issues I noted were a couple of very small paint chips on the exterior and two cases of interior trim panel misalignment. This latter issue is at the same location on both sides with the panels just to rear of the back doors and just beyond both the right and left ends of the rear seat backs. See the pics attached. Given it is on both sides of my new MY I suspect I'm not the only one to have this issue. Do any other owners of 2022 MYs have this same issue?

tesla trim-1.jpg
tesla trim-2.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the delivery date scheduled, but it's only giving me home delivery as an option which I thought was strange considering I only live about 25 miles from the store. I called them to ask if there is a difference and was told there isn't. I can do the inspection and have 100 miles to report any issues and if there are they can send someone from service to the house. I'm all for not having to drive in LA traffic, but I'm also thinking this is all too good to be true. It doesn't give me the option to take delivery other than home, so I don't even know that I can make the switch. I asked the SA if opting for store delivery would be faster, but he said no because the car would be sent out the same day after they do their own inspection.

Did anyone do home delivery with no issues?

Took delivery of my new MY-LR5 today. Fit and finish is very good. Only issue I really had is not directly with the car, but we can't get the tesla app working correctly on my wife's Samsung phone. The app is not showing our new car on the account. When she logs into the Tesla account on a PC it shows the car correctly, but the phone app does not show any car on the account. However, no issue with the app on my google pixel phone and the car key function is working as it should. I really don't want to have to use the same userid (i.e., my email) and password to access the tesla app on both my phone and her phone.
How did you add your wife? Are you setting up a whole new account?

I believe you just need to open your app, go to security, and select add driver. If I remember correctly, it will send a text/email link to your wife and she just needs to follow the link. At least that’s how I think
I did it and works great.

How did you add your wife? Are you setting up a whole new account?

I believe you just need to open your app, go to security, and select add driver. If I remember correctly, it will send a text/email link to your wife and she just needs to follow the link. At least that’s how I think
I did it and works great.
I was able to get my wife's app working after my original post. I installed Tesla app on my wife's phone and set it up with her email and a password. Then on my own phone under the Tesla app select "Security" then "Manage Drivers" then "Add Driver" and entered the info for my wife. After message to my wife's phone we could proceed. Once her account was activated and linked to our MY, then I paired my wife's phone (Bluetooth) with the car and then activated "Phone Key" for our Tesla MY.

Last edited:
Hey folks! Just got word that my car arrived at the delivery center yesterday. Does anyone know how many days they need to prep the car? My current delivery is Saturday June 4th. I am just wondering what the likelyhood of picking the car up early would be?
My understanding is the fastest they can do it is 3-4 hours to inspect and prep but a 24 hour turn around is normal.

Reactions: BGOwner
A question for recent MY owner's. I took delivery of a MY-LR last week and the only issues I noted were a couple of very small paint chips on the exterior and two cases of interior trim panel misalignment. This latter issue is at the same location on both sides with the panels just to rear of the back doors and just beyond both the right and left ends of the rear seat backs. See the pics attached. Given it is on both sides of my new MY I suspect I'm not the only one to have this issue. Do any other owners of 2022 MYs have this same issue?

View attachment 810593View attachment 810594

just took delivery yesterday of MYLR white/white. I didn't find any significant misaligned panels or gaps on the exterior. I honestly haven't done a thorough look inside, but nothing glaringly obvious after sitting in the car for probably 1-2 hours.