Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well with the news of the new amd chip and giga Austin coming online, figured cars after 1/1 built date = the new chip.
This mays my chance of an austin car pretty good... May be why I still have a MAR/APR EDD for a SEP order. Transporting a car to me from Fremont is almost 3000 miles vs 1200 from austin.

Should be an interesting couple months

Good write up, thoroughly thought out. But wanted to get your take.

Whoever gets deliver starting 1/1 and on. Do you think those cars will be built after 12/31 or does Tesla still tend to deliver Dec2021 built cars well into the next month / year?
I worked a decade in automotive manufacturing a long time back. Each company puts serial number on major parts including the gear box, engine, chassis etc. Likewise, the VIN number. Every company has a different point when they put the VIN number. I know Lexus ties a VIN on the custom order when it enters production, and the final VIN number sometimes changes during production. No plant will be "empty". It will take a couple of weeks or more to prime any factory. So when production starts on 3rd January it will be no different than something produced this week. Unlike legacy ICE manufacturers, Tesla does not wait for new model year to introduce improvements. Thus, the new AMD chip and Li-ion battery will be introduced progressively, and it is up to each person's luck. I would not recommend waiting. There will be no end to the waiting because something or the other will be changing on a progressive basis.

• Informative
Reactions: Tesraki and ap105
I am very surprised they missed your delivery in the quarter end. They did make a big batch for 7 seaters and some who have normally gotten their cars in 2022 received it in December. I suggest you call and ask your SA in the first week of January. PgCoco showed the power of repeated calling and getting them to write notes, does work.
i might swing by my local tesla dealership where i placed my order and see what they say.. hopefully this week i get a solid date so i can set my financing up again.

Reactions: Nordo
Glad to see a lot of moment happening here. Seems like August/September deliveries are picking up. I was looking at the Teslike spreadsheet and found a column for Last Update which I think is showing a lot more accuracy to what we are seeing if I look at the ones updated in December-only. Out of everything created/edited in December, I have 90 entries that meet the following criteria: MYLR, US Only, OD between Aug-Sep.

Average Order to VIN: 98 days

...I'm at day 97. EDD solid as a rock.

My stats below:

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer. Website EDD during Order Date: April 2022)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (20 days after order)
12/02: EDD February 14 - March 14th (48 days since first EDD, 68 days since OD)
12/31: EDD February 14 - March 14th (29 days since latest EDD, 97 days since OD)

I placed the same order on 9/8 and the website says September??? Is the website just wrong? Or WTF?

I have noted from other threads that a large number of holds that came off have been receiving January dates. Based on that, I expect in next 10 days, my EDD may get pushed by 3-4 weeks. Which is fine with me. I am not too keen to learn regenerative braking with so much snow on the ground. I would love to get my Tesla in March. I have a week or so to decide if I should place a hold. My chances of an AMD chip and 12 Li-ion battery will increase in March. I don't see the matrix headlights coming to North American MYLR any time soon. We will continue to lag Chinese MYLR upgrades, until Austin is in steady state. Telsa has pushed through some steep price increases in China to throttle demand, much like it repeatedly increased prices of MYLR in the US to throttle demand. Some of their Chinese models are now above the limit for government subsidy/rebates for buyers in China.

Reactions: DrGriz
I have noted from other threads that a large number of holds that came off have been receiving January dates. Based on that, I expect in next 10 days, my EDD may get pushed by 3-4 weeks. Which is fine with me. I am not too keen to learn regenerative braking with so much snow on the ground. I would love to get my Tesla in March. I have a week or so to decide if I should place a hold. My chances of an AMD chip and 12 Li-ion battery will increase in March. I don't see the matrix headlights coming to North American MYLR any time soon. We will continue to lag Chinese MYLR upgrades, until Austin is in steady state. Telsa has pushed through some steep price increases in China to throttle demand, much like it repeatedly increased prices of MYLR in the US to throttle demand. Some of their Chinese models are now above the limit for government subsidy/rebates for buyers in China.
Which thread are you seeing the “large number of holds…receiving January dates”? I had a March order on hold until September 25. When I released the hold, it went straight to the back to the queue. EDD bouncing between Feb - Mar, similar to other September orders. Read the discussions about what releasing hold does. While some have been matched immediately, most end up in the back of the queue, as it should be.

• Informative
Reactions: eeee-meeee
OK, this morning I looked at my Tesla account on my iPhone and it was very slow to load. So I checked on my computer and, after a longer than usual wait, my account now says "Prepare for Delivery" instead of "Expected Delivery January 12-February 9", which it had been stuck on for the last month (it moved back from a window stretching from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve day). My order date was September 5th.

So, a question for those who have been through this, is there any meaning to "Prepare for Delivery" or is this just Tesla's way of punishing me for impure thoughts? Any guesses on what this means in terms of the next step? Or, is this just another way of saying "prepare for January 12 - February 9th"? Any guess on how long to a VIN?

Thanks.

OK, this morning I looked at my Tesla account on my iPhone and it was very slow to load. So I checked on my computer and, after a longer than usual wait, my account now says "Prepare for Delivery" instead of "Expected Delivery January 12-February 9", which it had been stuck on for the last month (it moved back from a window stretching from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve day). My order date was September 5th.

So, a question for those who have been through this, is there any meaning to "Prepare for Delivery" or is this just Tesla's way of punishing me for impure thoughts? Any guesses on what this means in terms of the next step? Or, is this just another way of saying "prepare for January 12 - February 9th"? Any guess on how long to a VIN?

Thanks.
The site looks like it’s going through maintenance. Seeing the same thing on my side. Let’s hope they are adjusting EDD’s and we all move up a few weeks!

Reactions: Tesraki

Thanks.
Yea same happened to me too. I think its site maintenance. I dont have an EDD or a loan offer showing anymore, just prepare for delivery

Reactions: Tesraki