Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woah, after sitting on no EDD from a Sept 9 order MYLR I suddenly see an Oct 08-19 this morning.... that's, um, surprising

Congratulations! And: damn, I wish that would happen to me! I'm 09/10, so maybe it's not too far off. I'm curious about the configuration you're ordering to be scheduled to get it so soon? Of course, you might also just be in an area Tesla have a shipment to on that date. It all seems so utterly random...

Congratulations! And: damn, I wish that would happen to me! I'm 09/10, so maybe it's not too far off. I'm curious about the configuration you're ordering to be scheduled to get it so soon? Of course, you might also just be in an area Tesla have a shipment to on that date. It all seems so utterly random...

MYLR, Blue, Black, 20" wheels, 5 seats, California delivery - nothing fancy

Reactions: Tararua
People at Tesla determining EDDs at the beginning of a new quarter

Header_Spin_the_Wheel_1.png

Reactions: Tararua
One guess at the seemingly-random EDD jumps: Tesla has a somewhat-legit many-month backlog for MYLR cars. As people in line look at the potential $7.5k tax credit and/or just get cold feet, they pause or cancel their slot.... then Tesla scans the list for someone who wanted what just got abandoned and presto that person gets a new EDD date (taking the empty spot that was bailed on). It's the only way I can make sense of the pattern.

I ordered 9/8. Haven't touched my account in like 3 days. Logged in today and my delivery date is 10/16 - 10/22 and I have a VIN!
Black MYLR, White interior, tow hitch, 19in gemini wheels. 5 seater.

I just hope they don't mess with me.

I'm psyched but I was so prepared for a Jan 2022 date. I am closing on my house (Seling) on Oct 25th. Was hoping for after that, but I'll take it.

Have to get all my stuff in order.:
Down payment
Insurance - Still trying to figure this out.
Accessories.

Getting nervous. Also getting a stealth Xpel wrap on the whole vehicle with tint and ceramic coating.