Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually it is a bit more complicated than that. If you choose black seats with 19" wheels it is July. But 19" wheels with white seats is still April. I think this is a major supply chain issue and I guess they are running out of both black seats and 19# wheels. So what few seats of black they have will give with the more expensive 20" wheels.
I noticed that all of this applies to white, but not the other colors, all of which estimate April regardless of wheels or seat color. Interesting…

Man, my EDD keeps jumping. OD was 9/14 and my profile was completed immediately as I placed my order at the Tesla Center. Original EDD was Feb 2022.

Then it moved up to 12/21-12/31, which I got super happy about but couldn’t get my hopes up.
Last week it moved to 1/18-2/15 and yesterday it went to 2/8-3/8 :’(

The Wall connector on Tesla's website is generation 3 or 2? How can I tell?
Been gen3 for awhile. 3s have a much lighter cable since it's 48A(60A circuit) than the old gen2s.

Did you install your chargers, yourself?
My primary house has 2 gen 2s load balanced to 48A, vacation house has a single gen 3. Installed myself (and have done another at a previous house). It's pretty straight-forward if you understand the requirements well enough. The load balancing on gen2s is a bit of a pain though, separate circuits is certainly easier IMO. And there's no real benefit to the faster charging on the gen2s since Tesla hasn't supported more than 48A on any models in the last few years.

If one of the gen2s dies it's gonna be a pain to find another one for sure..

Reactions: pgcoco
EDD Change: Good News... I think?

Was: 10/18 - 11/15
Now: 10/21 - 11/14

So it looks like the general track record of tightening EDDs as you get close to, or in the front edge of your EDD window as I was, is continuing. Was a 4 week window before, now a 3 week window. I hope this is a good thing. I'd been hoping that the window would tighten soon and not just jump way out into the future.

EDD Change: Good News... I think?

Was: 10/18 - 11/15
Now: 10/21 - 11/14

So it looks like the general track record of tightening EDDs as you get close to, or in the front edge of your EDD window as I was, is continuing. Was a 4 week window before, now a 3 week window. I hope this is a good thing. I'd been hoping that the window would tighten soon and not just jump way out into the future.
Mine was and now is exactly the same! Definitely didn't expect the date range to tighten.

I seriously doubt Tesla can't reliably predict their production runs and demand and scheduling and parts inventory in this day and age. Going from Oct 26 to Dec 8 is a big miss.
I fear it is not a prediction problem but a choice. LR orders have been waiting for freaking ever. Or perhaps they want to use remaining supplies to build LR before retooling so that MYP coming out of Fremont will be the same as out of Austin.

I seriously doubt Tesla can't reliably predict their production runs and demand and scheduling and parts inventory in this day and age. Going from Oct 26 to Dec 8 is a big miss.

Tesla EDD's are better than most of the larger manufacturers right now. Many dealers wont even give you an estimated date because they have no clue and many have next to nothing on the lots because of shortages of parts. The massive holdups with cargo ships are leaving people in the blind as to when they actual ship will get unloaded at the port of entry for an existing order or something the dealer ordered for inventory.

Right now the biggest hold up in manufacturing is you are only as fast as your slowest supplier, automation supplier hold ups, and if you are shipping via cargo ship. Tesla is trying to help these situations as much as possible by even assisting suppliers secure raw materials or helping automation source components they are short on. Additionally Tesla builds cars in color and option batches. If a certain color is scheduled and there are new orders that come in they will do what they can to put that order into that batch which means the next colors after will likely get bumped. EDD with tesla is a floating scale based off existing orders AND new orders depending on options and colors. They are also prioritizing the performance because they profit more off of them.

Frankly its a first world problem and people ordered during the biggest auto manufacturing crisis we have ever seen. People need to be willing to deal with EDD changes due to the factors above but most are unaware or are too entitled to understand the manufacturing issues taking a toll on the auto industry right now.

Was delayed payment information entry planned by you or an oversight? It seems the registration completion date is 9/18 for you. There were a ton of orders in September. A week's difference is causing a month's delay in September.
i was initially told to select financing closer to delivery date by SA as loan applications are only valid for 60 days

Reactions: Jbapckfan