Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked my app and my EDD hasn't changed: OD 9/8, EDD Dec 16-31. However, after logging in to my account on line, on my pc it said to download the Tesla app w a QR code to take a pic of or use Download Tesla App. After the update, the EDD is the same; however, when I click on the blue view button the app says 'your car is being built', and if you swipe rt to left it shows other new info, insurance, payment, schedule date etc. I use iOS....

I checked my app and my EDD hasn't changed: OD 9/8, EDD Dec 16-31. However, after logging in to my account on line, on my pc it said to download the Tesla app w a QR code to take a pic of or use Download Tesla App. After the update, the EDD is the same; however, when I click on the blue view button the app says 'your car is being built', and if you swipe rt to left it shows other new info, insurance, payment, schedule date etc. I use iOS....
Welcome to the updated app. It’s all in app instead of online

Reactions: Michael Y 2020
^^^ It's funny, because everyone's dates keep flying around, but you and I seem to be on the same boat. (Although your EDD seems to have changed a few times). I'm now at 56 days since order, 36 since the one and only EDD change. I'm almost perfectly good with my deadline: sounds about right with the Tesla delivery spreadsheet, keeps my heart beat within a decent zone, and a safe cushion to delivery (in case the govt passes the Build Back Better).

Still not stopping me from checking five times a day though.

Model Y LR, White/Black, 5 seats, 19", no tow hitch (as base as it gets)

Order Date: 9/25 (at local Tesla dealer)
Profile Completed Date: 9/27

EDD As of:

10/15: EDD February 02 - February 22 (First EDD, 20 days after order)
11/20: EDD February 02 - February 22 (36 days since first & only EDD)

Reactions: Tararua
Hi all, Just found this site - I order on Sept 7, found an error in the order, and modified 8th - ETA January. MYLR Blue/ Black| 19"; ETA still January - BUT I looked today and now it says JUNE!
What's up with that?
Any recourse? Strategies?
I'm in VA, too (BTW)

Hi all, Just found this site - I order on Sept 7, found an error in the order, and modified 8th - ETA January. MYLR Blue/ Black| 19"; ETA still January - BUT I looked today and now it says JUNE!
What's up with that?
I'm in VA, too (BTW)
Honestly, just wait it out… I’ve had EDDs in October and all the way until April. It seems like the projections might be changing a little, but I’ve found the minute I get comfortable (or uncomfortable) with a new EDD it changes 2 days later. I could have saved myself some stress by just waiting until December to check dates at all, so hopefully this helps you. If it truly is June there is not recourse or strategies I’ve seen, only upgrading to the MYP would likely get you a car sooner.

What's up with that?
I'm in VA, too (BTW)
Since you're new, just to make sure all is clear, you have completed your profile in the app right?

If I'm more than willing to take delivery before 2021 due to not qualifying for EV rebate, how can I communicate this and potentially move up? Ordered online so no assigned SA, my EDD is jan to feb 2022
No need. If people refuse their delivery, Tesla gives the car to the next person who ordered the same config. if a car was shipped to a specific location already, then people nearby are prioritized and if config is similar, Tesla will contact them.

Reactions: pgcoco and DrGriz