Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That does not answer my question.
'
Again specifically what subsidies has the California government / tax payers given Tesla?
You yourself have named a plethora of subsidies above, from state tax breaks to state ZEV credits. What more do you want me to tell you? [Quick note: a subsidy doesn't stop being a subsidy just because it's a common/uncommon practice.] if you're saying that for some reason these aren't "proper" subsidies, then the best I can do is direct you here: No True Scotsman fallacy. I can't argue with you, as you seem to think the word subsidy somehow magically sheds its meaning when it becomes a predicate of "Tesla". But, of course, it doesn't:

"For example, each Model S that Tesla sells generates seven zero-emission-vehicle credits that Tesla can sell to auto makers that are not selling their fair share. Recently, these credits sold for $5,000 each, bringing Tesla $35,000 in extra revenue for each Model S sold."

This, as the definition above helpfully confirms, is a subsidy. It is money paid by an organization via government regulations that subsidizes production. And without the California taxpayer subsidizing Tesla up towards $35K per Model S, the company wouldn't be around for its CEO to loudly complain about subsidies. This may distress you, but, as the saying goes, facts don't care about your feelings.

Last edited:
You yourself have named a plethora of subsidies above, from state tax breaks to state ZEV credits. What more do you want me to tell you? [Quick note: a subsidy doesn't stop being a subsidy just because it's a common/uncommon practice.] if you're saying that for some reason these aren't "proper" subsidies, then the best I can do is direct you here: No True Scotsman fallacy. I can't argue with you, as you seem to think the word subsidy somehow magically sheds its meaning when it becomes a predicate of "Tesla". But, of course, it doesn't:

"For example, each Model S that Tesla sells generates seven zero-emission-vehicle credits that Tesla can sell to auto makers that are not selling their fair share. Recently, these credits sold for $5,000 each, bringing Tesla $35,000 in extra revenue for each Model S sold."

This, as the definition above helpfully confirms, is a subsidy. It is money paid by an organization via government regulations that subsidizes production. And without the California taxpayer subsidizing Tesla up towards $35K per Model S, the company wouldn't be around for its CEO to loudly complain about subsidies. This may distress you, but, as the saying goes, facts don't care about your feelings.
Lol the ZEV credit system is not a government subsidy. Carb created it to try and force car makers to build and sell more hybrids and ev's.

Tesla has no use for them and some companies needed them so that subsequently created a market. manufacturers up until recently have been unable to sell enough EV's to meet those regulations. That's simply free market capitalism not a government subsidy.

I'm done responding to your Karen posts. Frankly it's laughable that an individual that hates a person, brand, and product so much is willing to hand over 60k to buy from them.

OD 9/5/2021 Texas. EDD in January when order. But my EDD keep moving to June and some time to March- April. I haven't been look until now. I don't mind if it come now or anytime before February. Anyone have any info to help get the car sooner? I be upset if it show up in June that a 10 month wait and thst a 6 month delay.

That's simply free market capitalism not a government subsidy.
Yes, governments passing laws to subsidize certain products by imposing tariffs on other products is the very definition of free market capitalism!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Happily, I'm generally fine with governments incentivizing various social and public goods. If they didn't, Tesla wouldn't be here for you to pretend it represents some sort of unbridled triumph of pure capitalism.

Reactions: advocate8
Ordered Sept 13th. Grey, LongRange, Black interior (no other options)
Los Angeles Delivery
Original DD Jan5-Feb5, then moved to Feb15-Mar15
This week it moved to Jan7-Feb4 :)

I am not sure why so many had December dates when I was always Jan or later. Unless the others had more options..higher priced so pushed for Q4? But usually only Performance are pushed early.

2013 Model S owner :) (From my memory, ordered Early 2011,delivered Feb 2013 lol ....cloth headliner torn at windshield, rattles in most doors, rear hatch not aligned properly...Tesla put in New Alcantara headliner for free and fixed all door rattles & hatch, a few years later free new center screen due to bubbles.... free new motor a few years later... they told me after driving, it needed new motor...I did not even notice an issue....but other than that a solid car to this day )

Last edited:
Wow @plutomoon you must have the patience of a saint. An order date of 7/23 and an EDD into January-February...that is 6-7 months for delivery. I was feeling bad with an OD of 8/18 and EDD in the same timeframe, but my hat's off to you to maintaining your cool (at least on the outside).

It hasn't been easy, soon after we placed the MY order we sold our forester. So, we're down to one car. It has been tough, all I can do is wait since every call I make to Tesla leaves me right back where I started. I guess, I have achieved what they called Inner peace haha.

Reactions: srnewby54
OD & Profile complete 9/8, BLK MY, nothing extra. EDD has been Dec 17-30 for the longest time. Original EDD was Jan. Trying to be patient but on Sunday morning my EDD jumped back to Feb 6- Mar 6. I was taking delivery no matter when it was available. Tax credit would be awesome but I want the car too bad. My hyperfixation is crazy checking my account 50 times a day. This is my first post but I have been reading all of your stories since September. Hope you all get your VIN’s soon!

OD 9/5/2021 Texas. EDD in January when order. But my EDD keep moving to June and some time to March- April. I haven't been look until now. I don't mind if it come now or anytime before February. Anyone have any info to help get the car sooner? I be upset if it show up in June that a 10 month wait and thst a 6 month delay.
I would recommend visiting the local Tesla service center and having a Sales associate look at your order. Or call Tesla and talk to them and find out if your order is "complete". Sometimes when people do not have loan documentation complete, the registration is not considered as complete. Likewise in some states one needs to upload their insurance coverage before the order is consider complete. The good thing is, I see that even when registration or profile date is much later, once it is complete, Tesla moves your order as per booking date during the next EDD refresh.

I lurked for a long time here, so I thought it only fair to contribute back.

MYLR, white (initially red, changed on September 21st), black interior, no tow, no FSD (initially had it, removed after VIN, no price change), 19" wheels, 7 seats

OD: September 19
Profile completion: circa September 24
EDD progression:
- March 2022 at time of order
- missing for some time
- February 01 - March 01
- January 14 - February 14
- prior to VIN: February 22 - March 22
- after "Vision acceptance" on December 7th: December 20 - December 30

VIN:
- Received on December 3rd afternoon
- NF335xxx

My SO and I went back and forth for a week on what to do about the tax credit bill. We did not accept the "Vision prompt" until 4 days after receiving the VIN. We have yet to receive any communication from Tesla.

In the end we decided to take the car ASAP because there are too many uncertainties with the tax credit. Maybe it never passes. Maybe it passes but is only effective for deliveries after we get our car. Maybe our order gets canceled due to the EOY push. Maybe everything goes well and we double dip on a lower price and tax credit. Maybe it becomes retroactive. In the end, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". We realize that we might get delivery on the 30th, and the BBB bill passes on the same day, and cars delivered 48 hours later on the 1st qualify. To each their own, and may you be at peace with your decision.

I lurked for a long time here, so I thought it only fair to contribute back.

MYLR, white (initially red, changed on September 21st), black interior, no tow, no FSD (initially had it, removed after VIN, no price change), 19" wheels, 7 seats

OD: September 19
Profile completion: circa September 24
EDD progression:
- March 2022 at time of order
- missing for some time
- February 01 - March 01
- January 14 - February 14
- prior to VIN: February 22 - March 22
- after "Vision acceptance" on December 7th: December 20 - December 30

VIN:
- Received on December 3rd afternoon
- NF335xxx

My SO and I went back and forth for a week on what to do about the tax credit bill. We did not accept the "Vision prompt" until 4 days after receiving the VIN. We have yet to receive any communication from Tesla.

In the end we decided to take the car ASAP because there are too many uncertainties with the tax credit. Maybe it never passes. Maybe it passes but is only effective for deliveries after we get our car. Maybe our order gets canceled due to the EOY push. Maybe everything goes well and we double dip on a lower price and tax credit. Maybe it becomes retroactive. In the end, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". We realize that we might get delivery on the 30th, and the BBB bill passes on the same day, and cars delivered 48 hours later on the 1st qualify. To each their own, and may you be at peace with your decision.
I had this same internal dialog after getting a VIN yesterday. Unfortunately after arriving at the decision to move forward and let the cards fall as they may, I found the VIN was an old M 2021 VIN. I'm concerned it was a repaired vehicle and decided to just put the order on temp hold. They granted me a 30 day hold and I couldn't be happier (well, that's not true, happier would've been getting a newer N 2022 VIN and a car by Christmas, lol). Congrats to you and your new impending vehicle!!!

What was your Order Date and EDD? Not really that many MYLR showing delivered in this thread. MYP generally is much faster than a MYLR
OD 9-22/23. EDD initially was November. Bumped around from as early as last week of October to now Jan12-Feb 9. I am in Seattle area also. I just meant it sucks that any MYLR was delivered before ours, even though I understand people delaying etc will bump some people up but just didn’t expect 2-3 month bump up

Last edited:
I just do not get it. The dates for September 1-28 extend from January to March. There seems to be a hole. I am increasingly thinking the extended delays is due to Hertz cutting ahead of retail buyers. Unless there was a massive amount of bookings in September. That said, the Tesla Model Y tracker shows bookings have considerably slowed and more bookings now are for MYP compared to MYLR due to Tesla's policy to have 10 month and 2-3 month delays for MYLR-MYP. Plus the difference in price between the two is very little. But me living in snow country, MYP is not an option.
Yea I don't get it either. When I ordered my MYLR on 9/20, the original EDD was March, so I am ok. I am lucky *knocks on wood* to have my 2021 ford fusion 6 speed manual still going strong. So I am A-OK with waiting and hopefully getting some new features in the hardware department.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020