Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question… I’ve put my MY on hold two days ago in order to time a delivery after the first. I’m thinking of waiting a week to press that lovely I’m Ready button to get the ball rolling again to time it accordingly. Anyone know or can guess if they will try to get my car before the first if I press after Christmas?

I ordered Model Y LR (blue, black interior, 7 seats, two hitch, FSD) and until yesterday night my delivery window was Dec 22-31. I woke up this morning and saw an updated window Jan 20 - Feb 17 and I am pretty frustrated... Anyone else with similar experience?

Order date: Sep 7
I had a similar timeline, including order date until I suddenly got a text to pick up within a week. Here’s hoping you see the same kinda change, it’s so unpredictable

I had a similar timeline, including order date until I suddenly got a text to pick up within a week. Here’s hoping you see the same kinda change, it’s so unpredictable
7 seaters getting no love from Tesla. Doesn’t seem like they are really producing them actively. My SA said they will keep an eye out for a match if someone doesn’t take delivery.. which means they don’t know when mine will go into production. Day 110 here. January 14 - Feb 11 EDD. It was Dec 17 - Dec 31 for months, until about 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: srnewby54
I actually like the styling of other EV's like the Mach e much better then Tesla but I am willing to overlook that because I believe the software and efficiency is more important .
You are going to be very disappointed with the software. People see software as a continuous flow of improvements.
While there's some truth to it, the majority of the updates are for troubleshooting old bugs and, unfortunately, creating new.

There will be a rush of hold removals and many of us could be moved ahead by a month. Oh well, the snow will be melted here and so that is a good outcome for me.

Sept 22 Order Date. MYLR MSM, white interior, no tow, no FSD, NJ delivery.
I got the schedule notice last week with a delivery window of 12/21-12/23, but had to pass because I am out of town. My EDD finally just updated this morning and is now showing Feb 28 - Mar 28. Hopefully that sticks, or it slides a bit earlier.

Took a trip down to the Tesla show room at Florida Mall and talked with the three super nice SAs there. They honestly have no idea when my EDD will be other than "June". The current EDDs are supposedly with only Fremont producing cars, and they said they'll have a better idea after the EOQ rush.

Giga Austin could start pumping out a couple cars a day any time now, but who knows how fast they'll ramp up.

Got to show off what my car will look like to my parents and they weren't really impressed with not having an instrument cluster. Spent 10 minutes answering another customers questions about the order process so far and eventually pointed out to him that I wasn't a SA and he needs to pay me for more answers. 😂

10 minutes after leaving I got a phone call from "Tesla" and I started freaking out, I could barely swipe my phone, but it was just a customer service guy asking how my visit to the store was. Boo

• Funny
Reactions: Michael Y 2020
There will be a rush of hold removals and many of us could be moved ahead by a month. Oh well, the snow will be melted here and so that is a good outcome for me.
yes. I totally agree. Holds will be removed and we might be pushed ahead of our scheduled delivery. Me being close to Fremont have a good chance of receiving the car by end of the year. Lets see what happens.

yes. I totally agree. Holds will be removed and we might be pushed ahead of our scheduled delivery. Me being close to Fremont have a good chance of receiving the car by end of the year. Lets see what happens.
Hi All

Not sure I understand this. How do hold removals move us earlier? I would think it could push us back as Tesla slots in the holds according to their original order date? Really hoping they don’t.

Thx heaps.

Reactions: Michael Y 2020

Yeah, the odds of any EV tax rebate seem to have gone down this weekend with Manchin declaring his opposition. This could have two impacts on Tesla deliveries: Yes, some sincere buyers will come off hold, plumping the near term waiting list. However it may also chase OUT speculators who were thinking to take delivery, bank the ev credit, and flip the car... I imagine no more than a bit of chaos around Jan deliveries and then perhaps a smoother schedule instead of so much bouncing of EDD's