Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will have a problem with two versions of the same car at the same price. The class action lawyers will be salivating. It only took a week to change a M3 production line over to MY, so probably not a big deal. I could be wrong, but it will be a problem for buyers regardless.

How do you figure that ? The cars are identical . Just like with the Ryzen chips, they are both out there at the same time and there is no difference to the cars performance.

I'd like to see a Class action that said "Tesla gave us exactly what We ordered and its wrong"

Reactions: cusetownusa
If there is no difference In the cars’ performance then there is no problem. But if there is a difference in range, battery packs, and possibly processors that will be available for $2000 later this year as in upgrade if you were unlucky but paid the same price, then I believe it will be a problem.

If there is no difference In the cars’ performance then there is no problem. But if there is a difference in range, battery packs, and possibly processors that will be available for $2000 later this year as in upgrade if you were unlucky but paid the same price, then I believe it will be a problem.
There are people waiting today who paid almost 10K more then others waiting for the same exact car based upon when they orderd and how long they have been on hold. its the same thing. You agree to a Price and thats that. Someone can always choose not to buy at the price agreed and there is a good chance they can get their reservation fee back. There is no gun to anyones head to buy anything.

There are people waiting today who paid almost 10K more then others waiting for the same exact car based upon when they orderd and how long they have been on hold. its the same thing. You agree to a Price and thats that. Someone can always choose not to buy at the price agreed and there is a good chance they can get their reservation fee back. There is no gun to anyones head to buy anything.
What matters is the price at the time the car was ordered. Those buyers should be treated similarly.

Tesla's customer experience has been horrible. I am really hoping for the competition to catch up, so that tesla stops being so complacent.
You'd be happy to wait for a 'competition' EV that has less? The competition, in my opinion won't 'ketchup'. By this time next year, Tesla will be further evolved, and the attempted 'copies' of the Tesla technology years later by the competition will be years behind Tesla once the competition puts the 'copies' on the road.

You'd be happy to wait for a 'competition' EV that has less? The competition, in my opinion won't 'ketchup'. By this time next year, Tesla will be further evolved, and the attempted 'copies' of the Tesla technology years later by the competition will be years behind Tesla once the competition puts the 'copies' on the road.
I agree.
Tesla's customer experience has been horrible. I am really hoping for the competition to catch up, so that tesla stops being so complacent.
I also agree.

Only thing that matters to me is range and charging network. If someone catches up i will happily switch.

FSD is a pipe dream.
Auto pilot is too glitchy for my liking.

Also i am not waiting, i am hoping. There is a distinction.

Successful Delivery! OD 9/6, DD 1/5, Blue over Black, 20". Everything looks tight and proper so far. No errant trims, no rattles.

Oh, and as expected, Atom (older) CPU and 12V battery with build-date in late Dec

Attachments

• IMG_20220105_130011.jpg
    IMG_20220105_130011.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I agree.

I also agree.
I see some validity to those discouraged by the 'endless' EDDs changing. I put myself in the boat that we're coming out of a world wide 'shut down' and parts are still in short supply. I'm also one of those that don't refresh their Tesla app every few seconds thinking, (hoping?) their EDD will be tomorrow. I'm just waiting for a text, email or phone call. One day it'll happen.

Only thing that matters to me is range and charging network. If someone catches up i will happily switch.

FSD is a pipe dream.

I see your point, and not trying to suggest an argument, rather just my thoughts and discussion.

I also laugh - not at you, at the commercial - when I see legacy ICE manufacture commercials, and 'news statements' about 2024 projections. Let's see where Tesla will be by 2024; BTW, I wonder how much $ Tesla is investing in their cars/tech vice on commercials. Just my humble opinion.

FSD is a pipe dream.

Exactly my sentiments. Hell, my wife’s 2020 Subaru Forester has lane keep assist and dynamic cruise control that is better than ‘autopilot’. Zero phantom braking, holds tight corners better, etc.

The ONLY reason I was going Tesla is range and charging network.

Hell, I don’t even think it’s a particularly good looking car. The back is fine but the front is more feminine looking.

Once competitors come about, and they most certainly will, Tesla better tighten up.

Interesting reading this thread and good perspective.
I am fine with everything, but I am an early adopter Tesla homer lol. I have been following Elon since 2003ish and have a 2013 Model S so this is all no big deal to me.
I understand the complaints from people switching from traditional dealerships and ICE vehicles.
Tesla is basically selling iPhones, a new way to sell and deliver cars and I prefer it 1000%.
No idea if traditional Auto will be able to catch up, only time will tell. I still can not imagine I would ever buy anything but a Tesla for the rest of my life.
I love the Rivian, but after looking at a zillion reviews...some of the exterior plastic is meh. So everyone will have some issues, especially startups.
Ford, GM etc. I expect to have great builds, but no idea if the tech, batteries, charging will be good enough + dealerships just ruin everything.
My situation, the car is not urgent and happy when it arrives.
I feel that ditching the Dealerships, Salespeople and maintenance way outweighs the negatives of dealing with Tesla delivery dates and a few hiccups.