Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I can honestly say the wait is over. Carmax sell was painless, took appx 35 minutes to get check in hand. Tesla 'delivery' was painless. Waked to the entrance and was greeted at the door, even before going in, guy asked my named and said ok, hold on a second. Came out with my 'wallet key package' and said take your time, look it over and any questions please feel free to ask, paperwork is in the front passenger seat; only ONE signature paperwork wise and accepting delivery in the app. Honestly, after watching all the YouTube vids, I thought I would be a 'pro', hopped in and click, scroll, tap and tadda. A bit of excitement got in my way and I was bumbling around setting up my profile, but I finally pulled out to one pedal driving/breaking....yea, that's going to take a bit.

KC delivery center was packed with new Tesla's. One of the guys said in about 4-5 days, these will all be gone and we'll be back to a full parking lot....for those with a KC delivery, my guess it'll come soon! Mine came w the latest 'whistles'. Sorry to say the cameras were still calibrating/working themselves out by the time I dropped it off for tint and PPF. All this time waiting for it to be delivered, just to leave it in someone else's hands:confused:. Should be ready by Monday, Tuesday latest. In the mean time, time to play around with the app and re-watch some vids! Oh, and no gap or other issues during my 'initial' inspection.

Good luck to each of you still waiting, opening that door and sitting up your profile....you'll forget about the wait! Oh, and don't forget to set up easy entry/exit. Adjusting the steering wheel, even after all the vids was like "I'm sitting in something special"!
What PPF and tint did you get? I will have a similar experience, although I will have mine for a day before dropping off (hoping for no chips in the interim).

Just got home from picking up my MY. There were so many cars in the parking structure. Wow!! Very easy process. There were people present to answer questions. But it was pretty much...find your spot number, accept the car and drive off. The car is beautiful!! 😃
Picked up on day 153.

Attachments

• 20220211_143526.jpg
    20220211_143526.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 92
Well today was the day! I have accepted delivery of my car. The rear window was scratched (which they are replacing), and there is a gap in one of the panels. I wish everyone on this forum the best of luck getting their cars! Today was 160 days since I ordered.

View attachment 767800
How is the paint on the car? I know Tesla have been improving white paint, but historically rear bumper white color was visibly different than the rest of the car. Do you think that has been resolved?

Got my delivery date finalized today. Monday, St. Paul, 4:30pm. They're going to see me + the fam several hours early! Sort of surreal to feel like it's getting close after all this waiting. Car is apparently on a train near Chicago waiting to be trucked to MN. Wondering for those who've already taken delivery, what checklist did you use and how long did the inspection + checks take?

What PPF and tint did you get? I will have a similar experience, although I will have mine for a day before dropping off (hoping for no chips in the interim).
After placing my hand in front of their demo heat lamp/tints, I opted for the cooler, (colder?) tint option. I opted for a full wrap as this will be my last (?) car I will buy, XPEL XL+. Living in my location, you have to dodge debris flying out of truck beds.

MY was delivered today and I accepted it. The worst I could find was "maybe" a rear panel gap. The eye says there is a slight panel gap but the ruler says maybe a mm off. For those scanning multiple threads, the MY does have the AMD chip. Best wishes to all and the car will make up for the multiple EDD changes.
Congratulations!! 🎉🎉🎉

Well, I can honestly say the wait is over. Carmax sell was painless, took appx 35 minutes to get check in hand. Tesla 'delivery' was painless. Walked to the entrance and was greeted at the door, even before going in, guy asked my named and said ok, hold on a second. Came out with my 'wallet key package' and said take your time, look it over and any questions please feel free to ask, paperwork is in the front passenger seat; only ONE signature paperwork wise and accepting delivery in the app. Honestly, after watching all the YouTube vids, I thought I would be a 'pro', hopped in and click, scroll, tap and tadda. A bit of excitement got in my way and I was bumbling around setting up my profile, but I finally pulled out to one pedal driving/breaking....yea, that's going to take a bit.

KC delivery center was packed with new Tesla's. One of the guys said in about 4-5 days, these will all be gone and we'll be back to a full parking lot....for those with a KC delivery, my guess it'll come soon! Mine came w the latest 'whistles'. Sorry to say the cameras were still calibrating/working themselves out by the time I dropped it off for tint and PPF. All this time waiting for it to be delivered, just to leave it in someone else's hands:confused:. Should be ready by Monday, Tuesday latest. In the mean time, time to play around with the app and re-watch some vids! Oh, and no gap or other issues during my 'initial' inspection.

Good luck to each of you still waiting, opening that door and sitting up your profile....you'll forget about the wait! Oh, and don't forget to set up easy entry/exit. Adjusting the steering wheel, even after all the vids was like "I'm sitting in something special"!
Congratulations!! 🎉🎉🎉
Such a nice color! 😁

Just got home from picking up my MY. There were so many cars in the parking structure. Wow!! Very easy process. There were people present to answer questions. But it was pretty much...find your spot number, accept the car and drive off. The car is beautiful!! 😃
Picked up on day 153.
congrats!!! we are all jelly! especially us that haven't received a VIN yet.. just out of curiosity what was your battery percentage at when you drove off :)

Got my delivery date finalized today. Monday, St. Paul, 4:30pm. They're going to see me + the fam several hours early! Sort of surreal to feel like it's getting close after all this waiting. Car is apparently on a train near Chicago waiting to be trucked to MN. Wondering for those who've already taken delivery, what checklist did you use and how long did the inspection + checks take?
I did not go through any check lists. I just checked the outside paint and for any bumps/nicks/odometer reading etc. The panel gap hysteria that runs among Tesla buyers is crazy. Panel gaps are at best aesthetic to the discerning eyes, and the water/wind proof sealing is done by rubber gaskets. In 3 weeks, I have seen no fault. The quality has certainly improved. Tesla gives 4 years of warranty. You can report an issue through the Tesla App before you run 100 miles or 24 hours. I spent most of my time with my SA helping me customize the car in my own garage (home delivery). On the other hand, I did more detailed inspection in my last 3 Lexus purchases and in 1 of them, I found they forgot to put an accessory I had paid for. The quality of paint still needs much more improvement compared to other luxury cars.

Reactions: Tararua
congrats!!! we are all jelly! especially us that haven't received a VIN yet.. just out of curiosity what was your battery percentage at when you drove off :)
Thank you. Those 7 seaters will come out soon..I can feel it in my bones. It wasn't set to percent, it read about 200 miles, the battery looked to be a bit more than have. They didn't "fill up the tank." 😕

• Informative
Reactions: carlos916
After placing my hand in front of their demo heat lamp/tints, I opted for the cooler, (colder?) tint option. I opted for a full wrap as this will be my last (?) car I will buy, XPEL XL+. Living in my location, you have to dodge debris flying out of truck beds.
I am getting XPEL Stealth on mine with tint, and front headlight kit

Picked up on day 153.
Congratulations!! Car looks lovely. Have fun!!

Reactions: Mathnerd103