Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had this exact scenario in January. I called SA excitedly to ask if there was a VIN and if I should start arranging financing. He said no. No VIN, and don’t get a loan approval yet. So, the Tesla gods had a laugh on me. But they might be shooting straight with you! Keep hope alive!
Believe nothing until you see a VIN. Then, beware. :D

About a week ago, my delivery range narrowed to 2 weeks (EDD 2/23-3/9). Then today I got the text about trade-in, and responded that I don't have a trade-in. What's the consensus? Does the combination of 2-week EDD and trade-in text mean that my VIN will come soon? Or is this just the Tesla gods playing with me?

MYLR7 | White / Black Int | 19" | Tow | No FSD | OD 9/26 | EDD 2/23-3/9
Just got my VIN this evening!

My EDD today morning changed to a 2 week window: Feb 22-Mar 8. It was stuck on Feb 15-Mar 15 for last 1.5 months. Before that it jumped around from April to Mar to Feb.

My details: White ext/Blk int/20" wheels/No Tow/No FSD/5 seats. OD: 9/27, profile completed: 9/29, Previous EDDs: April 22, Mar 22, Jan 28-Feb 28, Feb 15-Mar 15, Current EDD: Feb 22-Mar 8. Location: Houston, Tx

EDD changed today morning to a 3 week window from a 2 week window and got pushed back. New EDD: Mar 9 - Mar 31

OD 9/14 MYLR grey, black, 5 seat, 19" no fsd or hitch.
Received my vin last week EDD Feb 19-25 NJ
This seems to indicate that long distance to ship is still prioritized and or delivery finesse being used as to deliver before end of Q. East Coast and Canada getting VINS, even though some California with earlier order dates have not gotten vins. Any California without VIN can theoretically receive car within a day.