Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My insurance quote for the MYLR was $400/year more than what I currently pay (I drive a 2014 Jetta).
Thats actually super good compared to what we pay in Toronto Canada, I got quoted for $205/m thats $2460 a year with my clear record no tickets no accident and bundled with my bike so its even discounted (Total 400 per month). This is how shitty insurances are in Canada you guys so lucky to pay 400 a year... Honestly our government is ****ed here and no one cares.

Just got home from picking up my MY. There were so many cars in the parking structure. Wow!! Very easy process. There were people present to answer questions. But it was pretty much...find your spot number, accept the car and drive off. The car is beautiful!! 😃
Picked up on day 153.
Congratulations. Do they accept personal check for car payment

Reactions: Mathnerd103
Found out my MY was built on Mon. February 7th. The vin showed up on my account on Feb 7th and I got my text message on Tues. Feb. 8th to schedule a delivery. Took delivery on Friday Feb 11th. I completed all necessary paperwork online. There was no paperwork to sign when I picked up my Tesla.
I'm in Los Angeles, for those that would like a timeline for financing purposes.

Found out my MY was built on Mon. February 7th. The vin showed up on my account on Feb 7th and I got my text message on Tues. Feb. 8th to schedule a delivery. Took delivery on Friday Feb 11th. I completed all necessary paperwork online. There was no paperwork to sign when I picked up my Tesla.
I'm in Los Angeles, for those that would like a timeline for financing purposes.
Did you finance through Tesla by any chance? Trying to find out the rates.

Just got a call from Tesla to ask if I’d like to consider trading in my current car. This is the second time; the first query came via the Tesla app. The rep told me that his team receives a list of names to take delivery within the next 30 days and that I would not need to re-up mileage gain because I’d take delivery before a mileage update would be required. He also advised me that now would be a good time to apply for financing. I’m going to see what they offer for trade, but without a VIN I’m hesitant to do the financing bit. Any one else receive a phone call on the first day in EDD window?

EDD pushed way back this morning from Feb 20 - Mar 06 to Apr 14 - May 12 - ouch.
...guess it means I get to hang out here for a while longer ;)
I figured that as we approach end of quarter, March orders may get swapped: VINs for east coast that would be ready in late March would get moved forwards to 1hMarch, giving time to get them on a train. West Coast VINs that would have been ready in early March get pushed out to 2hMarch (trade places).

But there could also be some east coast orders for 2hMarch which get pushed out to 2hApril. (1hApril is dead time, because cars made 3/31 get delivered locally, and cars made 4/1 go on the train). I'm hoping I don't get caught up in that!

PD 9/11 MN LR/5/AP/ noTow. No VIN
EDD 2/14-28, but that window is almost impossible at this point, so it will probably move Mon/Tue. the 14th-15th. My money is it gets bumped on the 14th to 3/1-3/10.

Looks like we’re neighbors. Where are going to have your XPEL done?
Going to Mario's Tint shop (dropping off tomorrow) in Murfreesboro. XPEL certified dealer and best price I could find. Also really appreciated the customer service. First time I reached out was November (when I first got to a 2 week EDD). He would periodically check-in, he was the second call I made (after my wife) when I got the VIN, so I could get on the schedule.
I would still say shop around, but I didn't find a price better and his pictures and reviews are great.

Reactions: OmbreCake
Looks like we’re neighbors. Where are going to have your XPEL done?
Also I couldn't have been happier with the service at the Brentwood shop. They offered a 15 min tutorial (this is my 3rd Tesla so I declined) but they did a really good job today. I never was contacted by any SA so I was a bit disappointed with that, but from VIN to delivery they were quite attentive. Was your experience similar @boingolover? Also a relatively recent Nashvillian to get a MY...you all have the same exterior color as well.

Reactions: DrGriz
I can only speak of my MY. My two take take is the build quality is outstanding. I had to convince myself that there was a problem that I went and got a ruler to measure what could be a 1 mm difference in the front hood gap. Hope that helps and sorry Mathnerd103 if I highjacked your response to harrow's question.
I went over it with two delivery checklists (my daughter had one). I have been preparing for build quality issues for several months. I literally could not find one. Thought I found a scratch in the roof glass, nope it was some residue from a sticker. Thought there was dirt on the liner, nope, lint. No panel gaps, no condensation, no rim rash. It was absolutely perfect. Couldn't believe it.
A7D34821-39CC-4A52-B7E3-13D15C017597.jpeg

Also I couldn't have been happier with the service at the Brentwood shop. They offered a 15 min tutorial (this is my 3rd Tesla so I declined) but they did a really good job today. I never was contacted by any SA so I was a bit disappointed with that, but from VIN to delivery they were quite attentive. Was your experience similar @boingolover? Also a relatively recent Nashvillian to get a MY...you all have the same exterior color as well.
I used Xtreme in Franklin, they were good to work with, they don't do xpel but they do suntek. They also did a ceramic tint. So far so good. Also hello @OmbreCake :)

Last edited:
Reactions: samori01