Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is great news!

Soooo, I know I said I was going to try to stay away from this forum, but I kept checking in 😣. I kept seeing that MYP orders were being fulfilled.

I gave in today and made the switch from MYLR to MYP at the price level in September 2021. Within 2-3 hours, I received a VIN and my EDD updated to March 29-April 2. Now, I’m just waiting for the opportunity to schedule the delivery.

It’s insane how paying extra gets things moving.
No issues with the car but it was missing the mobile connector. Other than me missing CarPlay, it’s great so far. 😄

I can't wait for the EOQ to be over so people on the east coast start announcing they got VINs. I don't know about you but seeing another post that says, " Socal here woke up with a Vin this morning" is getting kind of old ....lol but not lol
It’s not all fun and games for us EOQ.

Some got vin and no schedule delivery. I got vin and delivery pushed back 2 times.

Try getting a vin and waiting a week and no one contacts you for delivery.

For those that just took delivery and got the car earlier than initial scheduled delivery date, when did you guys pay the down payment. As soon as scheduling delivery or sometime just before actual delivery?
To add more..
I completed the $$$ step (assume any of the 3 finance options) as soon as scheduling delivery along with updating insurance (didn’t go with Tesla’s). Car was already paid for when they bumped up my delivery window after having zero space at their Sunnyvale, CA service center.

Also confirmed car comes with 1 year free of their premium steaming infotainment package.

Only 1 major exterior trim F&F issue. Image attached. The passenger mirror gasket and plastic piece wayyy out from the mirror. Easy to compare with driver side that is flush. Also reported a couple of minor issues they may/may not fix like finding some plastic wrap still in-between the interior trim above a couple doors. Small “gash” on a rear tail light end. No panel gaps or other exterior and interiors trim issues that were noticeable though.

You have 24 hours or 100miles to report issues in app/online. So rec. from various YouTubers is to just go ahead and schedule a service (mobile) appt. as soon as you take delivery and enter a cosmetic issue and/or make one up until you can do that 24 hour window inspection and add real F&F or more serious drive/electronic/hardware/software issues.

I went through the Git MY checklist. And made sure when I took delivery I had the time to inspect the car over 24 hours. Tesla’s quality engineering should have found any major issues, but things do escape esp. at end of quarters…

Attachments

• 9A518782-617A-48EF-972C-0FFF535D86E0.jpeg
    9A518782-617A-48EF-972C-0FFF535D86E0.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
After 201 days of waiting for a MYLR, finally surrendered to Tesla's "pay more to get your car faster" shenanigans and updated order from MYLR to MYP yesterday afternoon when Tesla bumped my 9/7 OD MYLR EDD to AUG-OCT dates (1 years since order?!) when it was JAN 2022 at order time.

Literally 1.25 hrs later, received a VIN with new EDD of 3/29-4/2.

Hopefully, means a car is actually on its way and not joining a new club of "here's your VIN but we're still pushing your EDD" club...

Has anyone not in California (or near Fremont) receive a VIN in the last week or 2? I am still holding out hope that all of us East Coasters are getting pushed back because they changed the Delivery algorithm to just orders within a certain mile radius of factory to maximize EOQ sales. Hopefully after month end, they update the algorithm to include east coasters and we all start receiving VINs again and get our EDD brought back in. Wishful thinking...lol

I have also debated changing my order to a MYP if I could get it ASAP. However, it seems that the people that have had success with this all live near Fremont. Plus, I originally didn't order a MYP due to the lower suspension and lower profile tires...that hasn't changed so still not worth paying extra even if I got it a bit sooner.

Day 190 update of my 9/20 profile completion... EDD pushed from April 17th-May15th to April 26th-May 31st.:mad: This process is beginning to feel like I gave money to a "prince" in some far flung land... Feeling scammed. If this car ever comes it better be worth it. I am starting to wish I went with the Mach-E over this car and dealt with a sucky quick charging network.

After 201 days of waiting for a MYLR, finally surrendered to Tesla's "pay more to get your car faster" shenanigans and updated order from MYLR to MYP yesterday afternoon when Tesla bumped my 9/7 OD MYLR EDD to AUG-OCT dates (1 years since order?!) when it was JAN 2022 at order time.

Literally 1.25 hrs later, received a VIN with new EDD of 3/29-4/2.

Hopefully, means a car is actually on its way and not joining a new club of "here's your VIN but we're still pushing your EDD" club...
Here we go again. EDD pushed back 3 weeks to 4/28-6/2. EIGHTH EDD! Just curious, is the performance model just a software change or does it involve a different motor?