Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about vin numbers? When do you usually notice them posted? Since I upgraded to performance my delivery date changed to May 21-june 5. I am assuming any day or are they just going to keep pushing this date out?!?
Question about vin numbers? When do you usually notice them posted? Since I upgraded to performance my delivery date changed to May 21-june 5. I am assuming any day or are they just going to keep pushing this date out?!?
I just so happened to be at work on Saturday. I went on the app and noticed a pop up about Bluetooth. Once I clicked yes I saw my Vin# plus saw my updated EDD.

Attachments

• 638B70A8-269D-4FD6-8635-31D030813B4B.jpeg
    638B70A8-269D-4FD6-8635-31D030813B4B.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 79
Mine was a day after they moved my EDD to a 5 week window. When I called they told me my best bet is to look out for a demo/inventory vehicle to get a car early and then at 4:40pm VIN was assigned.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
So your saying their EDD is a joke? Hahahaha
Haha - I feel if anyone has waited 200+ days the local Tesla DC/Showroom folks should show up at people's door with a camera crew - They congratulate you and then hand deliver a VIN and its all recorded. - lol

Jokes aside really do hope the whole supply chain stuff gets better and Giga Austin can help with the backlog

Reactions: BuddhaTacoma
So do you think it would be horrible of me to just show up at the body shop tomorrow to get in line since I am mostly paying cash anyways.

I feel like, "It will take me a few days to review the estimate " is kind of moot since I am paying for most of the damage.

Thoughts.......

So do you think it would be horrible of me to just show up at the body shop tomorrow to get in line since I am mostly paying cash anyways.

I feel like, "It will take me a few days to review the estimate " is kind of moot since I am paying for most of the damage.

Thoughts.......
When we had to get my wife's car repaired we just showed up to a body shop and they were able to provide an estimate very quickly and it was an "in network" body shop so whatever they were going to charge was something that State Farm was going to approve no matter what. The part that took the longest was getting scheduled in to drop the car off. It took almost 2 months to get us in due to them having issues getting parts and then another month extra because they were sent the rear passenger side door instead of the rear driver side.

Reactions: Jdizzl11
When we had to get my wife's car repaired we just showed up to a body shop and they were able to provide an estimate very quickly and it was an "in network" body shop so whatever they were going to charge was something that State Farm was going to approve no matter what. The part that took the longest was getting scheduled in to drop the car off. It took almost 2 months to get us in due to them having issues getting parts and then another month extra because they were sent the rear passenger side door instead of the rear driver side.
That is exactly what I am thinking. She already warned me of the part shortages and I would rather just show up and get the ball rolling instead of waiting for her to review a $200 pay out.

I feel like if I show up and pay for everything in cash it will speed things up. At least as getting the parts ordered.

Reactions: MYBrokenArrow
Just a little follow up. Only had the car 2 days but so far it has exceeded my expectations. It handles far better than any other car I have had. The low center of gravity means the car does not lean much on tight turns and the acceleration is totally locked in to the pedal, no delay or lag like most cars. Kinda reminds me of some of the fast motorcycles I have had where the throttle acceleration is super sensitive. I like it. The touch screen is cool too, still getting use to it but pretty awesome all the things it can do along with the phone Tesla App. I have been taking my wife out to drive it around our HOA so she can get use to the one pedal driving and she is already confortable with it. While she was driving I asked her to push the voice command button on the steering wheel and I said "Play George Winston". I did not expect anything to happen but within 10 seconds it started playing an old George Winston tune, stuff we use to listen to in the 80's. Then I asked it to play a couple other old tunes and it seemed to know them all. Same for temperature, said "set temperature to 70" and it cooled it down immediately. Really cool to be able to cool the car down with the iPhone app also, our garage is 100 degrees so cooling it down to 75 before driving is awesome. We are headed up to the mountains today and will test out the Autopilot to see how that works. Anyway, those are my first impressions.....

Well on day 230 I woke up to the impossible, a VIN!!!

I never thought I would actually see the day. My VIN is NF451***, I'm guessing that is a newer one but unsure.

But for those of you still waiting I found the definitive way to ensure you will get a VIN.....book a vacation. You will get your car delivered during that window, 98% promise.

I have a 7 and a 5 year old and with the pandemic we have never taken a major out of the state vacation. We booked our first for May 31-June 5th. My new EDD is now May 31st-June 4th.

I'll need to call the delivery location and work it out but that is EZPZ compared to this wait.