Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9 days since VIN and car is still sitting in Lathrop, CA. I swear they are doing everything possible to get me to cancel so they can sell my car to the next guy for $9k more. I received a text exactly a month ago saying to keep an eye out for notifications on scheduling delivery lol. A month later we are no closer.

Did you already made payment ? Is there such a thing about profile completion (insurance/ payment. Etc) after receiving vin to avoid hold up ?

I am not where near my EDD (sept 2022) with my OD being sept 2021.

But I want to know the procedure incase I get move up one day.

1) When you first get a vin, does it ask you for insurance and payment info right away before you get to pick a delivery date? I saw some comment about people don’t pay right away till they see the car.

2) I want to add a trade in just to see if the value is good. When I get the vin, so I contact SA and add the car in to get a quote, BEFORE I put in insurance and payment info?

3) when does the accept vin phase happen and is there any timeline how long you can accept the vin ?

Thanks
Hi! Here has been my experience:

Yes, the app asked for insurance and payment before I had a delivery date. I talked to my SA and she said to upload my insurance even if Tesla wasn’t on it yet.. can change later. I am paying by cashier’s check and called my DC yesterday to confirm that was ok since the payment button is still there.

I didn’t do a trade so not able to share there.

I didn’t have to accept my vin? Or do you mean at delivery? I didn’t have to acknowledge anything when I received my VIN until I got a text to schedule my delivery appointment.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Tezla.
Hi! Here has been my experience:

Yes, the app asked for insurance and payment before I had a delivery date. I talked to my SA and she said to upload my insurance even if Tesla wasn’t on it yet.. can change later. I am paying by cashier’s check and called my DC yesterday to confirm that was ok since the payment button is still there.

I didn’t do a trade so not able to share there.

I didn’t have to accept my vin? Or do you mean at delivery? I didn’t have to acknowledge anything when I received my VIN until I got a text to schedule my delivery appointment.

Hope that helps!
Oh so after you receive your vin. The only 2 things you can do at the app is a) insurance and b) payment.

You did the insurance On app and just left it like that.

I was assuming there is an accept VIN because I remember seeing someone saying they “reject a VIN”.

Oh so after you receive your vin. The only 2 things you can do at the app is a) insurance and b) payment.

I was assuming there is an accept VIN because I remember seeing someone saying they “reject a VIN”.
Is your EDD really sept-Nov now?

I have a similar EDD track to you with a OD of 9/13 but I'm currently Aug-Sept and thought I was the latest.

Reached out to my SA to ask why my car had been sitting in CA for over a week. Was told that because I am in a small market that they have to wait for a truck full of cars coming here. Then she said, "on that note, your car has arrived and you should be able to schedule delivery". What?! Delivery scheduled for 2PM this afternoon. What a wild ride this has been. Good luck to all my fellow Sept orders.

As you get very near the delivery date you will also need to use the Tesla App to accept half a dozen (or so) documents (title form, odometer reading, etc.) and to also enter payment info. However, if not financing and you are paying with a cashier's check then you just need to bring the check when you take delivery as the app only seems to support doing an electronic transfer from your bank to Tesla.

As you get very near the delivery date you will also need to use the Tesla App to accept half a dozen (or so) documents (title form, odometer reading, etc.) and to also enter payment info. However, if not financing and you are paying with a cashier's check then you just need to bring the check when you take delivery as the app only seems to support doing an electronic transfer from your bank to Tesla.
Would it be possible to claim paying as cashier check till delivery date, and then when I arrive to ensure the car is really there then do the wire fund transfer ? I saw alot of stories people paid but keen waiting for delivery date.

There really isn’t a formal accept vin process. They simply assign it to your order. The default is that you pick up the car you are assigned.

People do reject the car/vin for various reasons, but there is again no button for this, you will need to call into tesla to get this done. Too many rejections and your order will get cancelled.

1) When you first get a vin, does it ask you for insurance and payment info right away before you get to pick a delivery date? I saw some comment about people don’t pay right away till they see the car.

2) I want to add a trade in just to see if the value is good. When I get the vin, so I contact SA and add the car in to get a quote, BEFORE I put in insurance and payment info?

3) when does the accept vin phase happen and is there any timeline how long you can accept the vin ?

Thanks

Not sure if you all are experiencing wide variations in sell your car quotes, but I am. For a '19 Q5 w/low miles I got 31k from CarGurus; 35k from KBB; Carvana 33k; Vroom 34K, and the winner - Carmax at 39.8k. Took the Carmax one but I suppose the lesson here is tickle those keys for more than a couple quotes when selling your car.

Reactions: Tezla.

Thanks
After you get the VIN, someone will contact you via SMS or phone. Don't worry. It's very simple.☺️

Reactions: cc333
Reached out to my SA to ask why my car had been sitting in CA for over a week. Was told that because I am in a small market that they have to wait for a truck full of cars coming here. Then she said, "on that note, your car has arrived and you should be able to schedule delivery". What?! Delivery scheduled for 2PM this afternoon. What a wild ride this has been. Good luck to all my fellow Sept orders.
Congrats, man!

0378205B-D448-43B0-B981-A08145FD681F.jpeg

Okay almost a month after delivery and almost all the accessories have been installed and until I grow a wild hair and go for a full color change and one house hot water heater replacement later I’m broke lol. Installed: Tuxmats mats, Rimitrix Wheel covers, ceramic tint (including windshield), matte screen protector. I also picked up plasidip to black out the emblems. Last minute things will be the storage organizers. Really impressed with all the accessories and thanks to this community for the recommends and research. Super glad I got the Tuxmats as that third row option and the coverage it provides with my five year old in the third row is pretty epic! For all those still waiting still got your backs and one day hopefully very soon you will be sharing your pics!

Hi every one Ask you a question although should not be in this plate, What percentage is set per charge?
Really depends on how many miles/day of driving you plan on doing. 80% is fine if you drive a lot each day, but if you only need to drive 100 miles/day or less then it is better to charge to a lower % to reduce stress on the battery. I fly electric RC planes a lot and the batteries last the longest when they are stored at around 50% charge. My wife and I drive less than 100 miles/day so I have the charger set to 60% which is more than enough to return home with 20% battery. I also reduced the charging amps down from 34 to 20 which reduces heat a bit and is more than enough to charge fully in a few hours.

Reactions: MemoY