Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seriously considering selling my new Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model X about a month ago. It had pretty much everything and I paid $149,000 for it. It is midnight metallic silver with 22 inch black rim wheels. It has tow packager, cold weather package, ludicrous mode etc. I dont think there were any options I did not pick but there may have been one small one. I traded in my Model S but quickly got it back.

I want to sell my Model X, so I am trying to gauge if there is any interest in it. I live near the Decatur Service Center which is where I picked it up.

If I dont have to loose too much on the deal, I will sell it, otherwise I will just keep both cars for a while.

Any interest? Any suggestions on best place to list car this this? Typically, I dont like to deal with a lot of hassle or risk.

View media item 115626View media item 115625View media item 115624

These should work. Not sure why the first ones won't display. These are better pics anyway since I just took them

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    424.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 130
I can understand the flip flop, I am in the same boat. I sold my S to buy an X, then drove the X and hated it then bought my current S and drove another X and loved it so now I am selling my CPO. I cannot wait to get into an X.

Wait, what? You had an S, sold it to get an X, got the X, hated it, I assume then got rid of it, bought another S, then later drove another X, loved this second X, so you're now selling the second S. Did I get that right?

What was the big difference between X number one which you hated and X number two, which you can't wait to get in? I'm genuinely curious.

Sorry I missed all these. I will try and cover all the questions.

The X has only 500 miles right now but it will have more by the time I sell it - if I sell it . I did already get curb rash on front right rim but it's minor and I am gonna repair it.

I didn't buy another S - I got my 2012 sig red S back.

Frankly, I just like the S better. I don't like the falcon doors except to show people how cool they are. I don't like that I have less room for my bikes in back - I go far with them and range isn't good enough when on rack. I don't like the window all over my head since the sun bugs me. None of my kids could drive when I ordered it and now 2 of them drive so I will pretty much never need more than 5 spaces.

I could go on and on about the little things but I just plain like my S better. I like the looks of my original S better than the new ones with the updated front end.

I am a serious early adopter so I ordered my X in 2013 and just decided to give it a try.

I was hoping to get 140k for it since that would only put me out 10k and I could live with that. I saw a couple for like 139k on car guru so o figured that was reasonable. I know that is a shitload to spend on a "used" car but it probably isn't worth it to me to sell for a lot less. I am sure tesla will honor almost everything as if it was new. Anyone can talk to Zach in Decatur SC and he could help. He knows my situation as well.

Yes, I seem a little crazy and I guess I am. Tesla is by far the best car I have ever driven so my expectations for the X were probably just too high.

For my needs - I just gave up more than I got switching from S to X so I am switching back.

Frankly, I just like the S better. I don't like the falcon doors except to show people how cool they are. I don't like that I have less room for my bikes in back - I go far with them and range isn't good enough when on rack. I don't like the window all over my head since the sun bugs me. None of my kids could drive when I ordered it and now 2 of them drive so I will pretty much never need more than 5 spaces.

I could go on and on about the little things but I just plain like my S better. I like the looks of my original S better than the new ones with the updated front end.

It sounds as if the problem was you weren’t able to test drive or sit in the car before you bought/took delivery. Is that correct? Do you think if you had that opportunity it would have stopped you from following through on the purchase?

I ask because I could probably see a bunch of model 3 reservationists ending up in the same situation.

It sounds as if the problem was you weren’t able to test drive or sit in the car before you bought/took delivery. Is that correct? Do you think if you had that opportunity it would have stopped you from following through on the purchase?

I ask because I could probably see a bunch of model 3 reservationists ending up in the same situation.
I did do a very short test drive but clearly not before I reserved it. But, I only spent a little time in it. If I could have had it for a day, I believe I would have known that it wasn't right for me.

Wait, what? You had an S, sold it to get an X, got the X, hated it, I assume then got rid of it, bought another S, then later drove another X, loved this second X, so you're now selling the second S. Did I get that right?

What was the big difference between X number one which you hated and X number two, which you can't wait to get in? I'm genuinely curious.

I thought the same thing but what it looks like is that he sold the S early to have the money to buy the X but once he test drove it he hated it and thus went back to the S. Now for some reason he liked the second test drive of the X and now back to selling his S to get the X.

I can understand the flip flop, I am in the same boat. I sold my S to buy an X, then drove the X and hated it then bought my current S and drove another X and loved it so now I am selling my CPO. I cannot wait to get into an X.
I'm in the same boat too. I sold my s, bought an x, then got my s back, sold my x, bought both and s and x, sold them both, and then bought another s.

• Funny
Reactions: 1 person