Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seriously how hard is it to fix the audio system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever lead Tesla had in late 2012 and early 2013 with regard to the touch screen and its UI goodness has disappeared. Take a look at Audi's Q7 speedo if you want to see what a useful, impressive digital speedo display should look like. Quite simply, Tesla is outclassed here and the gap will continue to widen unless Tesla steps up in a big way. Tesla can't seem to strike a reasonable balance between form and function. But hey, we have this cool clock...
It's not just one manufacturer, either, but several of them. I rode in a coworker's Volvo XC90 and was so impressed with their handling of the dual displays. They clearly took inspiration from Tesla. The center console display will, to Model S owners, look suspiciously familiar. While the display is indeed smaller, the interface and features are better in literally every way I can think of.

You could say that the Volvo is brand new and the Model S is in its fourth year now, but that neglects the fact the Model X just launched with all the same limitations. They not only squandered their lead, they're actively losing at this point.

Worse, based on Elon's comments, it's clear that nothing is being worked on in the media area. Makes the Volvo's CarPlay implementation attractive.

I really hope they get on top of things, but it's looking more and more like they won't be doing so any time soon.