TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Service Center has 265/35-21 PS2 for less than tirerack

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by zwede, May 24, 2014.

1. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

Went by the Dallas SC today and checked pricing for the P85+ rear tires. Tirerack wants $537/ea for the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in 265/35-21.

The SC has them for $440. They said the price was lowered just a short time ago and used to be over $700.

At $440 I'll probably stay with the PS2s.

2. aaronw

aaronw Member

I went with the Michelin Super Sports from Tirerack. It looks like they're better in almost every way than the PS2s and are a lot less expensive to boot. I can't compare directly with the PS2s since I never had those.

3. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

No super sports in 265/35-21 so us P85+ guys/gals are left with few options.

4. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Despite having a P85+...I decided to ditch the $500+ replacement PS2 tires and went with 245/35-21s all around.. The Hankook Ventus V12 evo2s... $202 per tire.

Once I get them installed this week, I'll be selling my PS2s on eBay.

5. dennis

dennis P85D

The only drawback to the Super Sports vs. PS2's is that they have higher rolling resistance so you will lose some range. I couldn't find a comparison that quantified the rolling resistance, just a qualitative rating.

6. bradhs

bradhs Member

zwede,

I replaced my rears with 275 35R21 Continental ContiSportContact 5P. So far with a few thousand miles on them they've been great! Definitely higher rolling resistance.

Here's my original thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/27323-Rear-tires-for-the-P85-with-21x9-rears-Michelin-Dunlop-or-Continental/page3

I can take more pictures if you want. (Forgot to do that.) Range is a little less, but I haven't noticed since we have many SuperChargers around here.

Also, do me a favor. Call Michelin and request that they make a SuperSport in 265 and 275. I've called in a few times, they said the more that call in the quicker they make it to manufacturing. :)