Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center has 265/35-21 PS2 for less than tirerack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went by the Dallas SC today and checked pricing for the P85+ rear tires. Tirerack wants $537/ea for the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in 265/35-21.

The SC has them for $440. They said the price was lowered just a short time ago and used to be over $700.

At $440 I'll probably stay with the PS2s.

I went with the Michelin Super Sports from Tirerack. It looks like they're better in almost every way than the PS2s and are a lot less expensive to boot. I can't compare directly with the PS2s since I never had those.

The only drawback to the Super Sports vs. PS2's is that they have higher rolling resistance so you will lose some range. I couldn't find a comparison that quantified the rolling resistance, just a qualitative rating.

zwede,

I replaced my rears with 275 35R21 Continental ContiSportContact 5P. So far with a few thousand miles on them they've been great! Definitely higher rolling resistance.

Here's my original thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...x9-rears-Michelin-Dunlop-or-Continental/page3

I can take more pictures if you want. (Forgot to do that.) Range is a little less, but I haven't noticed since we have many SuperChargers around here.

Also, do me a favor. Call Michelin and request that they make a SuperSport in 265 and 275. I've called in a few times, they said the more that call in the quicker they make it to manufacturing. :)

No super sports in 265/35-21 so us P85+ guys/gals are left with few options.