Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Rochester, NY: When? Where? Really?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some (dated) references to a center being built in Rochester.
Does anyone have any current news to point to?
I have to assume that it would be built in 'Dealership Row' on RT15 in Henrietta. There are plenty of vacancies.
Maybe plans have been put on hold?

I've seen some (dated) references to a center being built in Rochester.
Does anyone have any current news to point to?
I have to assume that it would be built in 'Dealership Row' on RT15 in Henrietta. There are plenty of vacancies.
Maybe plans have been put on hold?
Good news, it will be at the former Dunn Tires location at Jefferson Rd and W Henrietta Rd. Should be opening within a few weeks. The W Henrietta Rd car dealers will be fuming!!!

They're bound to put a charger there then. I don't remember ever seeing a service center that didn't have a row of SCs. Sure would be awesome to travel to either mall and have a place to charge ;-)
There almost certainly won't be a publicly available supercharger at the service center. Tesla has stopped co-locating them. And for those location which do have them, Tesla has been building a second location in the city and then de-listing the original supercharger from the nav. They were finding that the service centers were needing to monopolize the superchargers for cars being worked on and new deliveries and that was causing friction between their service/delivery depts. and owners trying to charge up. So, if there are superchargers physically on site, don't expect them to be publicly available.

Good news, it will be at the former Dunn Tires location at Jefferson Rd and W Henrietta Rd. Should be opening within a few weeks. The W Henrietta Rd car dealers will be fuming!!!
The Henrietta Rd satellite center is open and it does appear on Tesla's website, but it requires sending an email, and is available by appointment only (Wed-Thurs hours). I eventually reached Wade from Tesla and scheduled service, he seems to cover a wide area as his area code was Boston area.

How have others in Rochester been able to service their vehicles? Each time I've used the app to schedule service it directed me to Pittsburgh or Toronto (ugh). I think Cleveland is closest. My delivery location, Mt Kisco it a bit far as well.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Yeah, I was at Marketplace last weekend and just walked over to take a look. Mixed feelings about this.. It's hardly even marked. No signage, rundown unkempt building, dirty windows, broken glass in the 'parking lot'. Just one Tesla logo sticker on the door with a sign that says something about -appointment only-. Hard to believe that this is a Tesla 'approved' or owned location. Very shifty looking!
Honestly, I would be embarrassed dropping my car off there and having a friend pick me up.
Anyone know if there's a plan to make this into a real service center??

Yeah, I was at Marketplace last weekend and just walked over to take a look. Mixed feelings about this.. It's hardly even marked. No signage, rundown unkempt building, dirty windows, broken glass in the 'parking lot'. Just one Tesla logo sticker on the door with a sign that says something about -appointment only-. Hard to believe that this is a Tesla 'approved' or owned location. Very shifty looking!
Honestly, I would be embarrassed dropping my car off there and having a friend pick me up.
Anyone know if there's a plan to make this into a real service center??
You are right, it looks mostly abandoned. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, because the other options are to drive (or flatbed it) to Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Toronto or use the Mobile service. I think that building is a compromise because of the lower volume of Teslas in Rochester requiring service - they can't really afford to keep full time staff with lower volume here. Sure it would be nice if they took over the Sears Auto Center in Victor or Henrietta. I say bring your car to this Henrietta satellite center - the more work they get here, the more they will consider it a permanent location.

You are right, it looks mostly abandoned. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, because the other options are to drive (or flatbed it) to Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Toronto or use the Mobile service. I think that building is a compromise because of the lower volume of Teslas in Rochester requiring service - they can't really afford to keep full time staff with lower volume here. Sure it would be nice if they took over the Sears Auto Center in Victor or Henrietta. I say bring your car to this Henrietta satellite center - the more work they get here, the more they will consider it a permanent location.

I certainly don't disagree with you. I plan to try it, next time I need service. But would Tesla Corporate really be okay with operating a property like that? I think Tesla could spend 10 or 20k and significantly improve the location's look/curb appeal. I wonder what would happen if Elon knew what it looked like?

"Gee, I would buy one of these cars, but where do I get it serviced?"
"Oh, over in that abandoned looking building, at the corner of the mall parking lot"
"Uh,.. yeah,.. hmmm... I guess maybe these cars aren't that successful after all.. I think I'll pass"

You are right, it looks mostly abandoned. I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, because the other options are to drive (or flatbed it) to Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Toronto or use the Mobile service. I think that building is a compromise because of the lower volume of Teslas in Rochester requiring service - they can't really afford to keep full time staff with lower volume here.
Oh, they can.... if Buffalo and Syracuse and Ithaca are taking their cars there.

Sure it would be nice if they took over the Sears Auto Center in Victor or Henrietta. I say bring your car to this Henrietta satellite center - the more work they get here, the more they will consider it a permanent location.
Absolutely.

But I have one question: how the hell do I reach someone to schedule an appointment there?!?!

The Henrietta Rd satellite center is open and it does appear on Tesla's website, but it requires sending an email, and is available by appointment only (Wed-Thurs hours).
Could you tell me what email to email to set up a Rochester service appointment? Because I'm going to need to do that.

I eventually reached Wade from Tesla and scheduled service, he seems to cover a wide area as his area code was Boston area.
Or how to reach Wade?

How have others in Rochester been able to service their vehicles? Each time I've used the app to schedule service it directed me to Pittsburgh or Toronto (ugh). I think Cleveland is closest. My delivery location, Mt Kisco it a bit far as well.

Not that I'm aware of, but Tesla offered to deliver mine directly to me, even at work, and pick up my trade in. I opted to pick it up at Mt. Cisco and enjoy the ride home.

If you haven't order yet inquire with customer service. If you have ask your contact.

Any idea if it’s possible to accept delivery of a new Tesla at this location? I’m in the Corning area and Mt Kisco is a 4 hour drive vs 90 mins to Rochester

Last edited:
Any idea if it’s possible to accept delivery of a new Tesla at this location? I’m in the Corning area and Mt Kisco is a 4 hour drive vs 90 mins to Rochester
I live in Rochester and immediately after ordering my Model 3 it said “delivery location - Mt. Kisco.” I was scrambling to figure out how the heck I was going to get there to pick it up when they finally emailed about the actual delivery! Turns out (at least as of April) they contract deliveries out by flat bed right to your house if you are more than a certain distance from the location. So I’m guessing you’ll get delivery too that way!

I finally drove by the Rochester “service center” today. It is pretty embarrassing.
Extremely sad looking.

0DE43AE0-8E77-466E-9093-22B696305F22.jpeg

I live in Rochester and immediately after ordering my Model 3 it said “delivery location - Mt. Kisco.” I was scrambling to figure out how the heck I was going to get there to pick it up when they finally emailed about the actual delivery! Turns out (at least as of April) they contract deliveries out by flat bed right to your house if you are more than a certain distance from the location. So I’m guessing you’ll get delivery too that way!
I attempted my first delivery at Mt. Kisco (rejected it due to defects with the vehicle and had to reorder). The only problem with home delivery is you actually complete the purchase of the car via Fedexing paperwork back and forth, then the dealer contracts with a third party carrier to ship the car to you. This makes it tough to reject delivery if there’s problems (mine had dents in it) since the purchase transaction is complete before it ships to you.

Reactions: neroden
Thrilling news about a relatively close by service center to the Syracuse area. I had heard rumors, and now it is open!

There are at least 6-9 Teslas here in the small village of Skaneateles alone, about 25 miles west of Syracuse, so Rochester is a reasonable distance. Until they have been serviced by a Syracuse based road ranger, or flat bedded to Mt. Kisco.

My Model 3 was ready in November 2018 and I had the option of delivery to my home, but chose Mt Kisco (4 1/2 hours one way) because I also wanted the option to reject (lots of blog entries about delivery defects in summer/fall of 2018) (I don't think this is as big a concern today) but most important to have someone available to show me how to operate the vehicle.

Car was defect free to the eye, and delivery was trying to push out 3 to 4 vehicles an hour back then, but rep gave me a full 1 hour to go over every operating detail. I was incredulous that they had no functional SC on site, even for dealer use. So cars were being delivered with a minimum charge to get to the nearest SC close to an 45 minutes away. Months later it was discovered (in January by the road ranger) that the computer needed to be replaced, although car was fully drivable, which is why it took so long to realize where the problem was. Tesla picked up car in a driving snowstorm at my house near Syracuse NY, on Sunday and returned it in another storm on Friday.

As information the Mt. Kisco flat bed service can carry (and did) two Teslas, and the same careful and excellent knowledgeable driver and truck have been with them since the dealer opened many years ago. So have no worries if you need to be flat bedded to Mt. Kisco.

Also for those of you considering a delivery in Mt. Kisco, instead of upstate NY, - the dealer is a 5 minute walk from the Metro-North Mt Kisco rail station which is how we got to the dealer without the necessity to have my spouse drive home alone behind the Tesla.

Reactions: madodel
Coincidentally, I had an appointment at the Rochester Service Center yesterday to get my A/C fixed.
They've made some improvements to the curb appeal of the building - there's an actual Tesla sign, the parking lot is cleaned up, the waiting area has WiFi and new, comfortable furniture, etc.. I was told that hours are now 8-5 M-F. I was greeted quickly when I drove up and I also noticed at least 4 other cars being worked on plus a few parked.
To my surprise, they were all ready for me and mentioned that they ran remote diagnostics on my S75D. They knew which part was failing and were all set to replace it. They said it would take about an hour. It took 40 minutes. No Charge.
When talking to one of the Techs, I mentioned that I thought it was a little odd that there weren't even any Superchargers just for the cars being serviced. He said that there were plans to install at least two and that the parking lot was going to be marked so that that they would be for service use only during their open hours and that they would be available to the public during off hours. No definite date on when it would happen.
In summary, I had a really good experience at this service center and am relieved that they fixed the place up with plans to improve it even further.

Reactions: Bobbo8
Coincidentally, I had an appointment at the Rochester Service Center yesterday to get my A/C fixed.
They've made some improvements to the curb appeal of the building - there's an actual Tesla sign, the parking lot is cleaned up, the waiting area has WiFi and new, comfortable furniture, etc.. I was told that hours are now 8-5 M-F. I was greeted quickly when I drove up and I also noticed at least 4 other cars being worked on plus a few parked.
To my surprise, they were all ready for me and mentioned that they ran remote diagnostics on my S75D. They knew which part was failing and were all set to replace it. They said it would take about an hour. It took 40 minutes. No Charge.
When talking to one of the Techs, I mentioned that I thought it was a little odd that there weren't even any Superchargers just for the cars being serviced. He said that there were plans to install at least two and that the parking lot was going to be marked so that that they would be for service use only during their open hours and that they would be available to the public during off hours. No definite date on when it would happen.
In summary, I had a really good experience at this service center and am relieved that they fixed the place up with plans to improve it even further.

This is good to hear. I live south of Buffalo, this is much more convenient than going to the Wexford PA location. If anyone else has any comments/experience with this location, please post. PS, I already read the thread where the tech drove a customers car home to Buffalo

I was just there today and the experience was great. I happened to arrive almost an hour early for my appointment and they took me right away, promptly addressed my concerns and I was on my way.

If you have an extended wait, Marketplace Mall is right across the parking lot. There’s an RPM Raceway there (high speed electric carts) which I highly recommend... it’s a blast if you like speed.