Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Smithtown, NY (Long Island)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its possible, it was a nicely printed sign, kinda thought they meant vehicle deliveries especially since the second you roll up to the middle of the building the large service door opens immediately.

I did get my Model S back today. They replaced the battery contactors and did a UV treatment on the MCU for slight border yellowing, no charge. Car seems slighly more efficient now although that could be placebo.

The shop manager Matt was awesome and went though all the past service records with me.

The only thing that is a bit concerning is there seemed to be several Model Y customers with panel gap complaints, paint issues etc.

^ that's great, I have spoke with two employees who are transferring from the Manhasett location to Smithtown... all are really helpful and enthusiastic. Looks like they will have a good crew their by the time it's open to sell cars.

Reactions: ArtK
I spoke with a SA at the Smithtown facility today, he told me the Sales team arrived yesterday (Oct 1st) and will be up and running any day now. They have cars in the showroom and he invited me to come by and take a look around!

Woot!!!!!

Went to the Smithtown SC this morning to meet with my Sales Advisor, nice facility... plenty of bays for repairs and plenty of room to store cars. At one point last winter they had 450 vehicles parked there. Gave my SA the formal "go ahead" to get me a VIN now that the facility is open for business.... 5mi from my house, couldn't be happier!

Had appt there 29Sep for Model S. A/C made very loud noise when working hard. They could not duplicate since weather was cooler. Nothing done. 2 defroster lines on rear window inop. Whole window needs to be replaced. Not in stock. Did nothing. Full self driving upgraded. Infotainment upgrade. Didn’t have all the parts for it even though they allowed the appointment. Got part three days later! In Tuesday out Friday afternoon. In the meantime they had no loaners. Enterprise showed up with a Ford Fiesta! Didn’t complain too much as I thought I’d have my car back next day at latest. Lesson learned. Communication also lacking. Didn’t answer phone when calling. Didn’t return texts when texting. Very nice and apologetic when picking up, but not too happy with overall experience. I’ll chalk it up to “just opened” problems and assume they’ll get better. By the way, the Ford Fiesta made me VERY appreciative of my S when I got it back.

^ yes, they are still in the process of opening the facility... lots to do still.
They we putting floor mats in the MX, cleaning and still setting up the other showroom cars during my visit yesterday.

At least you got an actual loaner car.. vs. Uber credits!

Picked up my MY (MSM/White interior/19"wheels) yesterday at Smithtown.

The staff there couldn't be more friendly or accommodating... they are truly happy to be working at the new facility.

My SA (Stephen T.) spent over two hours going over the car/features and setting things up the way I requested. There was no hurry whatsoever and he addressed every question I had. We even went out to the parking lot to look at his new Model 3 and go over the mods he's done so far. Since day one (I ordered the car in Feb), my SA has been super friendly and cooperative. I appreciate his commitment and upon arriving yesterday I presented him with a small gift bag with some accessories for his new M3. When I was looking over the car, he returned and presented me with some Tesla bling (I'd rather not say what it was). Like I said... super nice guy!

The car was perfect other than a few minor scuffs on the frunk that buffed out (lol but true) while I waited and some adhesive patches (about 3-4mm in dia.) in various areas left over from the wrap used in transport... they also came right off with cleaner while I waited.

Overall, 5 stars for the facility and staff there!