Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service center tried to move up my appointment time...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made an appointment 3 weeks ago to get my windshield replaced on 5/31...Tesla called on 5/26 to ask if I can come in 5/28 or 5/30...I couldn't do that since I was out of town...Tesla said no prob, see you on 5/31 then...
Of course on 5/30 I got an email saying there are no parts for my repair, now the apt is on 6/17...
Did they give away my windshield to someone else basically???

thx

I made an appointment 3 weeks ago to get my windshield replaced on 5/31...Tesla called on 5/26 to ask if I can come in 5/28 or 5/30...I couldn't do that since I was out of town...Tesla said no prob, see you on 5/31 then...
Of course on 5/30 I got an email saying there are no parts for my repair, now the apt is on 6/17...
Did they give away my windshield to someone else basically???

thx
most likely. also super unprofessional. also 2-3 weeks wait for a mundane windshield when they roll down thousands of cars daily off the assembly line with windshields speaks volumes to how little of a thought Service Centers and repair support are

Reactions: TomT
Boo on Tesla service!
also on parts availability. When I needed a new windshield in August 2019 - I rolled into the SC with no appointment and they installed a new windshield same day and it was done by 4pm. I guess i got lucky - OR - it was someone's else ;) Joke aside - windshields shouldn't be a part which is not in stock or readily available. They literally have *thousands* available daily in Fremont/Austin/Berlin/Shanghai but cant keep ~100 in stock across all SCs in the US? Makes no sense.

Reactions: TomT