Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Heathrow - do they fix on the day?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got my Model 3 booked for service tomorrow as the left camera isn't working, just in a black screen. It's 5 days old!

Do they diagnose and fix on the day or do they keep the car?
I'm happy to wait and do it some work in the waiting area whilst they diagnose.

If it can't be fixed on the day I'd rather bring it back another day.

I did ask them but couldn't get a straight answer.

I've only had the car since Tuesday.... The camera wasn't working on the day but they fobbed me of that it needed calibrating over the next 40 miles or so. Which makes no sense since the be right camera was fine.....

They will aim to - if it's been booked in for a while you'd hope they have the parts ready. The waiting area only has 3 seats now, because of the thing. I hung around for a bit, then walked into the highstreet for a coffee. before I'd finished they called to say car was ready.

In pre covid days, I just took myself off to Heathrow Terminal 5 by bus - stops right outside. I had been told that car would be ready around 3:30 but they were still working on it when I returned back (which was fine) so couldn't drive home until closer to 5 by the time paperwork was sorted. Still needed a return visit, or 5, but they did have a long list.

Whilst the app keeps you informed of progress with a rough ETA, its only as good as the information supplied, so don't rely on it. There can be sudden changes of plan that throws everything back up in the air.

I had a small fix done a week or so after delivery. I assumed 'while you wait' but they asked me to leave the car. I explained I live some distance away and they switched it around to fix it while I walked up to the high street (10-15 min walk) for a coffee. It was ready when I got back. Good service, especially as they were busy.

In future I would have a conversation with them in advance about either a courtesy car or doing the work while I waited, one or the other.

Make sure you take your driving licence just in case..

And don't take for granted how long in the future it has been booked, in terms of parts. I've had more than one service appointment cancelled a couple of days beforehand because parts haven't been available, and the last time I visited them to actually get it sorted they'd ordered the wrong part.

So, yeah, hope for the best, plan for the worst.

In future I would have a conversation with them in advance about either a courtesy car or doing the work while I waited, one or the other.

Also worth having a word with your insurance company too. You don't want to be up for the Tesla excess - temporarily add it to your own insurance or, as we do now, bring along someone who can act as a taxi.

Just to close this one out. The issue was fixed on the day. The passenger side repeater was replaced.

Booked for 1500, but I got there for 1430. I went to a coffeeshop to work and picked the car up at 1700. I'm happy with that.

Still annoyed that they didn't check and fix this before they sold me the car 5 days ago though!!
That is pretty shoddy service, quarter end or not.

Hopefully I won't need to go again for a long time.

Reactions: MrBadger