TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Service Log?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Muzzman1, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Being that our Model S is so paperless and digital, is there a place where we can log service/maintenance on the car as the miles go by?

I just did my own tire rotation at 5k, and typically on my past ICE cars, I'd open the "service manual" and log the work done.

Is there a clean digital place for us to do this?

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

No way to do that in the S...yet. I think Elon has said that in the future Tesla will allow third party apps to be installed and what you describe sound like a niche that an app could fill.

3. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

FWIW, I keep a spreadsheet to log various things with the car.

things like:
    - firmware updates - date / mileage / major and minor versions
    - monthly / lifetime energy use (from trip meter readings)
    - range charge log - date, ending rated miles displayed
    - road trip summaries -- to/from and rated miles used
    - a supercharging log (starting / ending rated miles and duration)
    - a vampire loss log -- starting and ending rated miles. Only use this when parked for more than a couple days at the airport...
    - service summary -- date, mileage, what it was in for, etc...

4. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

Wow @zbb
    That's some dedication !!
    I just leave VT running always.

5. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I do that too :cool:

It really doesn't take much time to keep updated. I'll just snap a pick of the dash, or use VT logs to update it when needed. Couple min here and there...

6. simonog

simonog Member

Anyone who has a good format that you've worked out be prepared to post a (blank) spreadsheet?

when I get my car (less than 2 weeks) I'd like to start a log from day 1 and it would be great not to have to work out all the things I wish I'd recorded and not realised.