Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service/Maintenance Frequency

How Long Since Your Last Service Center Visit?

• Less than 1,000 miles

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Between 1,000 and 3,000 miles

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Between 3,000 and 5,000 miles

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Between 5,000 and 10,000 miles

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Between 10,000 and 25,000 miles

• Between 25,000 and 50,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 50,000 miles

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We only have 2,000 miles and my wife babies her MY. No issues so far. I plan to rotate her tires (using Rennstands) and local car shop will balance them when I bring them by. Still acting like a brand new car!
(Really? You'd go to the bother of rotating knowing that someone will remove them and balance them? Curious.)

Option 1.

at 1200 miles, I had them install homelink, fix a mirror cap (delivery issue) and replace penthouse seal.

After that, I don’t anticipate needing their service for a long time. Next service will be replacing tires.

Had some bolts on safety belts checked by service @ 11830. They‘ve come out to rotate the tires a couple of times, first they said no dice. They were fine, second time they needed it. Anyway, it has been less than 1000 miles since.

tl;dr One call for a car-diagnosed problem, and one call to fix something broken when the fixed the original problem.

Got in my car one morning and had a notice that the car had found a problem, the replacement part had been ordered and I needed to schedule an appointment to get it fixed. So I did what my car told me to do. BTW, I love that the car diagnosed the problem and ordered the replacement parts without me even knowing there was a problem. With other cars, I would have had to wait for problem to show up and be reproducible and then go to the dealer several times to get it fixed (yes, even with OBD they still can’t always pinpoint the problem).

So at 3679 miles I had the display cable replaced. In order to to that, they had to remove and put back in the glovebox.

A few weeks later, I noticed that the glovebox no longer opened. I could hear the latch working, but it wouldn’t open. So I scheduled, rescheduled and finally rescheduled again a service appointment to have a technician come to work to fix it (I live in one service center region and work in another).

When the tech came out, I took a break from work to talk to him and ended up watching him replace the glove box. Turns out, the glove box was not the problem because the new one didn’t work either. That’s when the tech figured out that you shouldn’t be hearing the latch at all. Turns out the front speaker wire and the glove box release wire have the same connector. So the sound I was hearing was the static being played with the glove box release was energized.

So at 4681 miles, I had the glove box replaced, even though it didn’t need to be.

These have been my only service calls in the 6 months/6855 miles that I’ve owned the car.

Reactions: Cobe
(Really? You'd go to the bother of rotating knowing that someone will remove them and balance them? Curious.)
Yea, I am overly cautious of shops not knowing how to jack the battery pack (plus I enjoy working on cars). I have used SAMs Club for tires on my ICE cars for the past 30 years (free rotation and balancing for life).

They will not jack Teslas, but will provide balancing if I bring in the tires. So for a one-time total fee of $40, they will provide balancing for life on the OEM tires. Then I will probably purchase next set from Sams for free life-time balancing.

Reactions: alexcue