Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who wants to guess on the resolution? Tesla mobile service appointment tomorrow. My guess based on reading these forums is main computer or body control module.
  • Most Common: Cameras display black image only, all of them. Intermittent, but has been getting more frequent for weeks. I believe first time was in august, but now its most every drive. Error in display in reverse of "Park Assist Not Available". No distance visualizations.
  • Less Common: 5+ occurrences. GPS doesn't update while driving, car position and map stay fixed. Auto headlights going on/off frequently. Cruise control won't set, autopilot won't set. MyQ garage door opener won't function. Message that main camera is blocked, when it isn't
  • Fixes attempted: Software updated to 2023.38.9. Soft reboot via thumb buttons. Disconnected 16V battery.
  • Other facts: Sometimes it all fixes itself while driving, only to repeat at the next drive. 2023 y with 2300 miles. Car drives normally when failures occur, HVAC and touchscreen work normally except for GPS/MyQ. I assume that automatic crash avoidance won't function without the cameras functioning.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and TL:DR
Tesla called me today and communicated the following:
-Known issue with latest software update. They said its affecting many cars with the newest autopilot computer.
-They don't know when it will be fixed, but expect it urgently
-They said the car is safe to drive and only convienience features are affected. I disagree on this.
-They confirmed the error messages from my car match timestamps i provided for the symptoms.
-They confirmed that all of the hardware is healthy and communicating normally, and there is no possible hardware fix. Firmware must fix it.

• Informative
Reactions: rlsd, GSP and TL:DR
Received an update to 2023.44.1 yesterday. Only change I noticed was the brightness of the display was stuck at full high after the update and I had to reboot the system to get auto brightness to work again. Still same issue with cameras not working.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and TL:DR
I woke up to this very same issue today (but I haven't driven the car since Monday, due to Tesla screwing up my vehicle registration). I also just saw an update downloading an hour ago. Let's hope for a quick resolution.

I am in the same boat. Just received update 2023.38.9 and drove without issue to a friend's house. When leaving the GPS is stuck there. I tried rebooting and power off/on (from screen) but no success. No FSD or cruise control. In service mode it showed GNSS receiving 0 satellites and after reboot GNSS was not shown at all.
Notification menu shows nothing.
I did a capture of the CAN bus but have not had a chance to look at before and after parameters.
I have a mobile appointment scheduled for this week.
I have to say it was a strange feeling to not even have basic cruise control.

Reactions: TL:DR
I did not purchase FSD.

The latest symptom is that the car is hanging on the update. It's been "updating" at varying percentages since yesterday, and that drew my battery down 7% in less than 24 hours (sentry mode is off).
What update? Is there one after 2023.38.9?
Man, keeping my fingers crossed for you that it will go through and fix the issue ....

I have 2023.44.1 installed with no identified issues, however I do not have HW4. The only weird issue with installing 2023.44.1 that I encountered was when it completed it did not send a notification from the app or show the release notes within the vehicle.

Per my conversation with Tesla, its a problem for cars with "the newest autopilot computer". I assume that means HW4, but Tesla iterates components frequently and may have many different parts out on in the field on cars that are all HW4. Since this topic isn't blowing up on the internet about all new Model Y's being afflicted with these symptoms, I suspect that it's affecting some subset of Model Y's with HW4.

Reactions: flixden
Do those who see the issue all have FSD?
OP here. I do not have FSD, just basic autopilot.
2023.44.1 finished downloading for me. The question is: install? Or not?
For the issues reported in this thread, they appeared before the 2023.44.1 release and weren't impacted by installing 2023.44.1. So I see no reason not to install 2023.44.1 if you have these symptoms or not.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and flixden
Per my conversation with Tesla, its a problem for cars with "the newest autopilot computer". I assume that means HW4, but Tesla iterates components frequently and may have many different parts out on in the field on cars that are all HW4. Since this topic isn't blowing up on the internet about all new Model Y's being afflicted with these symptoms, I suspect that it's affecting some subset of Model Y's with HW4.
What are you being told about what to do about it? I have a Service Appt tomorrow. Im wondering what i can tell them to move this issue along.

Happened to my new Y a few days ago (had less than 800 miles on it at the time). Tried a soft reboot without luck.

It could have been a coincidence but I put in a nav destination (even though the car was away from home but it showed at home on the map) and that seemed to kick everything into working. Car jumped to the correct location, cruise started working, location based "stuff" started reacting as expected. This was pre 44.1

What are you being told about what to do about it? I have a Service Appt tomorrow. Im wondering what i can tell them to move this issue along.
Tesla's only guidance is to wait an unspecified amount of time until they issue a fix via a firmware update. I have scheduled a follow up call with them this week where I will be seeking a better ETA for resolution.