Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unbelievable! How is it that Tesla can not diagnose this problem after multiple attempts? Yes it's a complicated machine but with all the data logging and troubleshooting software and years of production it's hard to understand why they do not seem to have the tools or knowledge to isolate these issues.

Reactions: MrFixit1094
Firmware updated 2 days ago to 2024.2.2.1 MYLR with 112 miles only. GPS got stuck. Spoke with technician over the phone and asked me to do the soft reset and powering off the vehicle. GPS when back to current location but when I move my car GPS is not moving. I had my car only for 3 weeks.

Anyone here have the same issue after the update to 2024.2.2.1

Firmware updated 2 days ago to 2024.2.2.1 MYLR with 112 miles only. GPS got stuck. Spoke with technician over the phone and asked me to do the soft reset and powering off the vehicle. GPS when back to current location but when I move my car GPS is not moving. I had my car only for 3 weeks.

I'm the OP of this thread. I got my car back from Tesla after they replaced the HW4 computer and it came back to running 2024.2.2.1. So far, so good.

2 business days. I dropped it off on a Friday morning, they told me it would be done that day. Later that day they changed the completion date to end of day tuesday. On monday they reported it done and i picked it up. I had a loaner model 3 for that period so it wasn't a large inconvenience for me.

Get ready for many visits to the Service Center

OP update. 5 days since Tesla replaced the AP computer. So far, so good, no failures. This is the longest period without a failure in months. Fingers crossed that its solved. Waiting full 2 weeks to call it good or not.
I had to turn off the wifi and disconnect from the LTE, then I connect to my phone HotSpot. After connecting to hotspot the GPS worked. After a few minutes, I disconnect with the hotspot and reconnect to LTE and now its working again.

MY-21 LR. Joining the club with exactly the same problems that are described in this thread. My problems came after latest SW upgrade
Tried ALL reset options there is and problems intermittent. Aps_w130_ECU thermal issues and DAS failure codes
Ranger will come next week.

I’ll be back

Reactions: whisperingshad
MY-21 LR. Joining the club with exactly the same problems that are described in this thread. My problems came after latest SW upgrade
Tried ALL reset options there is and problems intermittent. Aps_w130_ECU thermal issues and DAS failure codes

I’ll be back
Problems fixed..( GPS freeze, black cameras, SOS phone disappearance)

Had a visit from a super professional Ranger today that topped up with a little cooling fluid and then run trough a couple purging programs. According to him it can be “air pockets”/bubbles that makes the cooling of the computer insufficient=*sugar*
He noticed reduction in the temp instantly. Also reinstall of latest SW 23.44.30.09
Temp is now around 25-30celcius (77f) in cooling part, service menu for Infotainment/AP

Hade a run for 1h=perfekt, so far…
I be back

I’ll be back
Problems fixed..( GPS freeze, black cameras, SOS phone disappearance)

Had a visit from a super professional Ranger today that topped up with a little cooling fluid and then run trough a couple purging programs. According to him it can be “air pockets”/bubbles that makes the cooling of the computer insufficient=*sugar*
He noticed reduction in the temp instantly. Also reinstall of latest SW 23.44.30.09
Temp is around 25-30celcius (77f) in cooling part, service menu for Infotainment/AP

Hade a run for 1h=perfekt, so far…
I be back

OP update: It's been over 2 weeks since Tesla replaced the autopilot computer and I haven't had any repeats of failed cameras, stuck GPS, auto headlights going on and off, etc as reported when this thread started. I'm calling the issue solved but will reopen this thread if the issue reoccurs.

What I learned:
  • Tesla misdiagnosed the issue as a software problem multiple times, promising that it would be fixed with software. This was either incompetence or purposeful to avoid fixing the vehicle. The outcome was that I had to live with the issues for months.
  • I uploaded many videos of the issue occurring and they would say they were received and used for diagnosis. I spoke to Tesla reps and described the issues and impacts and they confirmed that the vehicle logs were showing failures when i reported them. However, whenever a service appoint was coming up, they would ask for proof like I hadn't provided it many times before.
  • After multiple cases and closed service appointments without fixing the vehicle, I had to make repeated comments to Tesla that they had to fix the vehicle or replace it as backup cameras are required by law. I did not threaten lemon law, but that would be a natural next step. This prompted action and they finally replaced the computer hardware, resolving the issues completely.
  • I'm glad the vehicle is fixed, but I'm left disappointed at how Tesla handled the issue. I will keep this in mind for my next vehicle purchase. In many years of my new cars, only chrysler provided worse customer service. Chevrolet, Infiniti, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki all did better when those vehicles required service.