Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update;
After requesting to push 2023.44.30.8 to my 2019 SR+ by messaging Tesla in the app, emailing Tesla Service and phoning Tesla I received a notice this morning that 30.8 was available to download. I started the download from a nearby hotspot I created to have a strong signal unlike the first failed attempt. The download paused after 10 minutes at 50% and remained there for about 20 minutes. Both the app and the car showed the download was 100% after 45 minutes but did not indicate it was ready to install. Then after another 45 minutes the car showed 60% and the app showed 90% but then within a minute or two they were both showing 100% again. The car sat at 100% for about 3 hours. I then I received a notice that the update was ready to install. The install took about 30 minutes and completed with out any issues unlike my previous 2 attempts 2 weeks ago that both failed. I did a short drive and the reverse cameras came up practically instantly and all the visualizations are working properly. I did not perform any boots after the download or install.

My service request from Tesla a week ago had stated that they had been unable to correct the issue remotely and I would need to go to the service center for a computer replacement at a cost to me of $2500. Hopefully this is a solid fix for me!
Happy you got it fixed, but why the F do we have to struggle just to install an update, especially for all the recent new car owners. It's such a damn turn off & makes people angry!!

OP here. After waiting 2 more weeks for parts to arrive, 2 days before my appointment to fix the car they text me that the parts haven't arrived and my new appointment is suspiciously exactly 2 more weeks away. I am getting super angry about this now.
What a mess! Pretty frustrating especially for a new car. So you are running 2023.44.30.8 or .9 now right?

Reactions: AndroidFreak
OP again. After telling Tesla (in the app) that the actions planned were unacceptable and to please call me, the service manager reached out today. They "found" a replacement computer at another service center are having it overnighted to my service center. I now have a service scheduled for Friday for the computer replacement. Hopefully this resolves all the issues for good.

Reactions: aircooled
gps & cameras have worked all day today since I picked up my car from SC after AP computer replacement, however I am F'n angry they marked the rattling issues inside cabin as resolved but they're still there. To add salt to my wounds there is now a small scratch on my rear right door. When I dropped it off to them my car had no scratches on any doors. I saw a 2 x 4 piece of wood about 3 feet in length on the ground between that side of my car and another car that had a plastic sheet on its roof at the SC. I am highly suspicious the scratch is from that 2 × 4 wood. Oh and another dick move. They made me return loaner car, because they're waiting on a new rear left door that will take 2 to 3 weeks to come in ( mines has factory paint defect white spec underneath the clear coat )

gps & cameras have worked all day today since I picked up my car from SC after AP computer replacement, however I am F'n angry they marked the rattling issues inside cabin as resolved but they're still there. To add salt to my wounds there is now a small scratch on my rear right door. When I dropped it off to them my car had no scratches on any doors. I saw a 2 x 4 piece of wood about 3 feet in length on the ground between that side of my car and another car that had a plastic sheet on its roof at the SC. I am highly suspicious the scratch is from that 2 × 4 wood. Oh and another dick move. They made me return loaner car, because they're waiting on a new rear left door that will take 2 to 3 weeks to come in ( mines has factory paint defect white spec underneath the clear coat )
That really stinks. Hopefully you can get out of this loop soon.

Maybe time for a camera calibration?
I found this off the internet & it seems to have gotten rid of it for now.

"Proceed to the Safety and security section and then power off."

I was going to follow the next step they mentioned, however 2 minutes later I accidentally hit the seat adjustment button & woke the screen up lol. Put my car in R & no more "Park Assist Unavailable"

Last edited:
OP. Car is at Tesla today for repair. They started making noise about needing to duplicate the problem while its at the service center, which is unlikely as it typically presents at startup after the car has been off for hours. Fingers crossed they solve this for good. In the meantime they lent me a very used Model 3. Its fine and drives almost exactly like the Y. A bit more nimble, a lot lower seating position, a lot more rattles and noise.

OP. Car is at Tesla today for repair. They started making noise about needing to duplicate the problem while its at the service center, which is unlikely as it typically presents at startup after the car has been off for hours. Fingers crossed they solve this for good. In the meantime they lent me a very used Model 3. Its fine and drives almost exactly like the Y. A bit more nimble, a lot lower seating position, a lot more rattles and noise.
Fingers crossed!

I found this off the internet & it seems to have gotten rid of it for now.

"Proceed to the Safety and security section and then power off."

I was going to follow the next step they mentioned, however 2 minutes later I accidentally hit the seat adjustment button & woke the screen up lol. Put my car in R & no more "Park Assist Unavailable"
"Park Assist Unavailable" is back and also new issue "Cruise Control Unavailable". I'm really sick & tired of this car company.

Is it a Silver Model 3 AWD Dual Motor from 2018? I was loaned one of those & the extreme rattling on old roads drove me crazy even with music on. Same spots my brand new M3 rattles at which they didn't bother to fix on previous Service Request.

OP. Car is at Tesla today for repair. They started making noise about needing to duplicate the problem while its at the service center, which is unlikely as it typically presents at startup after the car has been off for hours. Fingers crossed they solve this for good. In the meantime they lent me a very used Model 3. It’s fine and drives almost exactly like the Y. A bit more nimble, a lot lower seating position, a lot more rattles and noise.

Quite a saga. You have been way more patient than I would have been. Try to enjoy your weekend.

Good luck and please let us know how it turns out ASAP.

Is it a Silver Model 3 AWD Dual Motor from 2018? I was loaned one of those & the extreme rattling on old roads drove me crazy even with music on. Same spots my brand new M3 rattles at which they didn't bother to fix on previous Service Request.
I'm in Denver FWIW. Its a white dual motor 3 with 47k miles on it. I don't know the year, but I could decode the VIN to find out. It has chrome door handles, so that may help determine the age.

Unfortunately, now tesla says my car won't be ready until next tuesday. They did not provide a reason for the increased time other than the technician needed more time. If it comes back fixed, it will be worth the wait.

OP here. Got the car back yesterday. Drop-off and pickup through the app, so I didn't get to talk to service advisor about the work done. According to the report in the app, they replaced the car computer. So far, so good, its calibrating cameras still. If no failures for the next 2 weeks, then I'll call it solved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240206_092331_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240206_092331_Tesla.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 34