Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Plans etc. (Canada)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading it over, the extended warranty doesn't cover brakes; however, the extended service plan says it covers "Replacement or repair at the time of inspection of normal maintenance items and wear and tear parts, excluding the Battery and tires"

So apparently yes, brake rotors and pads are covered by the service agreement. That said, I doubt they will be replacing many of them, due to the regenerative braking. As long as they maintain the brakes so they don't seize up the pads should last a very long time.

So apparently yes, brake rotors and pads are covered by the service agreement. That said, I doubt they will be replacing many of them, due to the regenerative braking. As long as they maintain the brakes so they don't seize up the pads should last a very long time.

My former Cadillac CTS was on it's original pads and rotors after 4 years / 80,000 miles when I traded it in on the Model S. All the dealer ever did was "clean and inspect" at my regular (free) service intervals. With its regenerative braking, I'd be very disappointed if I ever have to have the brakes done on my Tesla.