Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

setting up ordering from Tesla EPC directly - per TSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been trying to order some parts from my Tesla Service Center. Each time I used the service appointment to setup a parts order, the response in the app was to order online from epc.tesla.com. I'm curious if anyone else is getting the same instructions, and if you were able to successfully setup your account.

The TSC gave me these instructions:
By the way, I am trying to order washers, bolts, nuts and clips. Nothing releated to body repair.

quite a deflection for them to be telling you you have to use the EPC site. After one national service rep told me to use the EPC site (but with no further details than that) I was then told just the opposite by the local service center- that consumers can't create accounts or use the EPC site for ordering parts. And now people on this forum are claiming that their normal way of ordering parts is through the app. To get a part ordered I had to physically show up at the service center and sit on them until they placed my order for me. Clearly Tesla doesn't want owners to buy parts.

I spoke to the GM at the Decatur Service center and walked him through my email exchange with the body shop (hoping he could spot a mistake I made). He was a bit amazed that I was getting the run-around from the body shop email. He then pulled the parts for me. He said that I was the first person that had trouble getting setup to order parts. While I can't confirm it, he seemed to indicate that there was a Tesla policy in place to send owners that want to order parts through the body shop. I will post here if I eventually get setup to order parts.

In my experience, I've went to the Service Center and ordered parts in person. One time the guy told me I can just order from EPC and enter my personal info for the shop info in the application.

In my head I said ok, makes sense. I go home, log into EPC, start the application...the bloody thing is asking for shop pictures and a bunch of other business related stuff like if my shop is insured or not.

I have no clue who from top management at Tesla is instructing to tell the service advisors that customers can easily order their own parts from EPC.

I've been trying to set online orders for some time now. Can't seem to understand how the whole thing works if you're not a repair shop! I don't have a service center near my location and driving several hundred miles to get a ECU, or some bolts and clips doesn't seem logical to me. I'll be happy if someone that succeeded sheds some light on the matter.

Reactions: aerodyne
All I want are some dumb rubber trunk bumpers and it seems that tesla still hasn’t figured out this process for simple parts. The SC is 20m away but closed because it’s Sunday. eBay prices are outrageous.

Has anyone figured out if “pretending” to be a shop, or just making an account an ordering works in the USA?
The app wants to schedule a service date two weeks out, etc. blah blah blah.

Why can’t some parts just be in the online store?

Reactions: hydro