Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Settings reset on their own

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had it happen before after a software update. I figure they might deliberately reset settings when there's a big enough change in the behavior to want you to try the default again.

Or it could just be a bug when the software updates. Anybody's guess! :D

Some settings seem to change on their own from time to time. Currently have software 2019.20.2 but it has been occurring since the car was delivered, Dec 2018. Some of the items that change are:

-battery display flips between percentage and miles
-creep turn on/off
-the dash cam comes and goes of its own accord

I don't recall anything changing in the autodrive setup, but maybe I just don't remember!

Yeah, I check everything (whatever I can think) after an update and the reboot I do afterwards. Things like ELDA and COP change, especially since COP you now can have on (when Sentry/Alarm are on) so it may have turned itself on. Never had energy format change, but anything's possible.

Some settings seem to change on their own from time to time. Currently have software 2019.20.2 but it has been occurring since the car was delivered, Dec 2018. Some of the items that change are:

-battery display flips between percentage and miles
-creep turn on/off
-the dash cam comes and goes of its own accord

I don't recall anything changing in the autodrive setup, but maybe I just don't remember!

I have experienced these very same occurrences over the last couple of days. I thought it was just me, however, I visited the Tesla shop today and they stated that a soft reset often helps stabilize this issue.

Col D